Headrest TV Power Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tripberger

Reaction score
I installed a set of headrest dvd monitors in my 07 Yukon and I want to wire the power to something that turns on and off with the truck instead of using the power outlets as they are always on. I've looked all over for a solution but have not found a thing, any ideas? Thanks in advance

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the Bose audio system you can wire it to the Amp turn on wire to enable car on and off feature for the screens. If you don't have the Bose system then just wire it to the blue antenna wire on the back of the head unit!

rodrign

Reaction score
Hey Nnaboy, on the Bose, do you know what color the amp turn on wire is? Can I assume we can also use this as your remote wire for amp install? Lastley but not least where in the heck is the amp located on the Bose system??

Jasnite

Reaction score
Pull up the area where the cup holders are. Don't worry it pops right out.

tripberger

Reaction score
So, I got some time today and pulled my radio to find the blue antenna wire to splice the power to(I do not have the Bose system). When I pulled the radio I noticed that there were 2 harnesses plugged into the radio. One of the harnesses had 2 royal blue wires and 2 light blue wires. The other harness had the power(red w/white) and ground(black) wires. What should I splice the power to as there are 2 blue wires?