WR Fleet: 2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4WD 1/2-Ton

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://news.windingroad.com/body-st.../wr-fleet-2007-chevrolet-suburban-4wd-12-ton/

Let's look at the older brother of the Tahoe.

WR Fleet: 2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4WD 1/2-Ton

Price as tested: $45,610
Miles driven during test: 560

I was fortunate enough to take our test Suburban to a weekend family gathering in Lewiston, Michigan earlier this month.

Traveling with me were four men over six feet tall, a four-year-old and an eleven-year-old. Thankfully, our ride came equipped with three rows of seats. The third row was quickly and easily accessed by two 6’3†18-year-olds. With a flip of the handle, the second row seat folded forward allowing for total access to the back. The two boys were quite comfortable and never asked if they could move up to the second row, which easily accommodated the two young girls and another six-foot-sized passenger. The front cabin allowed for plenty of room for both driver and passenger.

All of our gear was packed into the back cargo area with ease. Five suitcases, a large cooler, an air bed, two skateboards, six blankets, six pillows, two beach bags filled with towels, floating devices, and plenty of suntan lotion. Oh yes, and a few miscellaneous bags of munchies.

Loaded up and ready to hit the road, we enjoyed the Suburban’s 5.3-liter Vortec V-8. The 4-speed automatic transmission was smooth and held it’s own with the cruise control set for most of our drive. However, the brakes were a bit soft—I would have preferred a firmer pedal. The fuel mileage was not bad considering that the Suburban was loaded to capacity. We averaged roughly 14 miles per gallon in the city and 18 mpg on the highway, though the manufacturer would lead us to believe we could have accomplished 15 mpg city and 20 mpg highway under the same conditions.