New owner - a few questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McLoki

Reaction score
My wife and I just purchased a 2001 Tahoe LT 4x4 with 110,000 miles on it. (Got what we felt was a good price and the exterior looks great.)

Interior looks nice but there is a tear in the drivers leather seat. (looks like something snagged the seat and tore it. There is a flap hanging down) What is the best way to repair it? Just sew it up and throw a cover on the seat. (they are heated seats though) or is there a way to patch leather so it wont' look so out of place?

2nd question is since it is high mileage and I am unaware what maint. it has recieved - what should I do to it? (I was thinking transmission flush and fill (with filter replacement) and coolant flush and fill - but what else should I do? Is there anything to do with the 4x4 system that needs periodic maint or fluid replacement?

Right now it starts perfect and runs strong. The Transmission does its job and does not call any attention to itself - I just want to make sure it stays that way.....

Thanks for your help and I am sure I will be talking to you more soon. :)

Michael

(btw - don't have delivery of it yet, it is getting detailed and we pick it up on Tuesday. (although we did purchased it yesterday))

McLoki

Reaction score
Here is the list I recieved....
@100k 8/06
  • Catalytic Converter replaced
  • oil sending unit replaced
  • Steering Shaft lubed
@98K 6/06
  • oil change
  • Tire balance and rotation
  • tailshaft seal replaced
  • fuel filter replaced
@85k 6/05
  • replaced 02 sensor
  • Turned rear drums
  • oil change
  • Tire balance and rotation
  • Rear break replacement
  • Transmission flushed
  • Power steering Flushed
@70k 8/04
  • oil change
  • Replaced rear brake pads and E brake shoes
  • Replaced left rotor
  • machined right rotor
@62k 4/04
  • Oil Change
  • removed and cleaned spark plugs
  • CLeaned throttle? (something with emissions?)
  • Replaced air filter
  • Replaced PCV valve
  • Replaced fuel filter
  • fuel injection/top engine combo service?

There is the list (of what was taken to that dealer for service anyway) From that - anything missing or issues that would worry you? (vehicle now has 110k miles on it - they recommend replacing the transmission output shaft seal, we are having that done tomorrow)

Thanks for your help,

Michael