Z71 Tahoe pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atvkrazy06

Reaction score
Doesnt anyone have pictures of a Z71 Tahoe with simply just a leveling kit and tires? or even just with the leveling kit? Please post if you do!!!

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is a stock photo from side

IMG_0260.jpg

two with leveling kit - from side

tahoe1.jpg

tahoe2.jpg

stock from front

IMG_0261.jpg

leveling kit front

tahoe3.jpg

the second side picture does more justice than the first :Yawn: but you should be able to tell the difference... i looks like it still sits low in the front but the fender flares kinda throw off your perspective of the right height so i measured one day from the ground to the fender then from the top of the wheel to the fender and its only about .35" off. sometimes when i look back at the truck when im out, it almost looks like its sitting back, kinda weird i guess.

As for tires im ordering some from cali, great price! at onlinetires.com. A set of 285/65/18 BFG A/T's and when i get those on ill put more pics up :shhh:

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree that it looks off in certain situations. I have the 2.5" front/1" rear CCM kit, and the rear is 0.25" higher. Atv, check my post regarding level kit pics. I can't find them to post again.

uofm71, how much are the tires (if you don't mind). That is exactly what I was looking for when the stocks wear out. Love the BFGs!

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
at onlinetires.com i believe they are $1006.46 shipped to my door! then i called local shops to get the best mount and balance price and i found one for $22 a tire

Total about $1100

thats about $300 difference here in price!

the only thing i might be concerned about is warranty or road hazard cause they didnt offer that... so im wondering if i could get that somewhere else i dunno, didnt get any raod hazard on the stockers :crazy:

Atvkrazy06

Reaction score
Thanks UofmZ71 for those pics. Helped alot. And yes please post more pics once you get your tires on! And isnt it true that with only the 2.5 inch kit the rear of the SUV will sqwat somewhat? Also, what size kit is that? Thanks again!

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah the rear will squat some if you use a 2.5" on the front and nothing on the rear. i have the CCM 2.5" front and the 1" rear.

i mean if you level it might as well go with this. i have heard no complaints and its a great price! about $140 shipped and i had it installed for about $175. the 1" doesnt really make the price jump that much, but sure as heck makes the truck look that much better!

Atvkrazy06

Reaction score
Alot of people may diagree with me but personlay i like the look of my vehicle sqwatign a small amount in the back. I have seen a z71 around town before with a 2.5 inch leveling kit and it sits up just a little to much in the front for me. I like the way the CCM kit UofmZ71 has looks, but i want mine to sit down in the back just a little bit more. Can you buy just the front 2.5 inch strut spacer for the front without the 1 inch in the back? I would liek to get the CCM in the front because it is a great product, but superlift has a .75" spacer for the rear, which im hoping will give it the look I am looking for. what do you think? Thanks

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah actually the CCM website only has the 2.5" spacer listed, so i had to call and ask for the 1" rear. But yeah if thats what you like go for it and get the CCM for the front and the superlift one for the rear!

again if thats what you like go for it, its your truck! and when you get it all done i wanna see it! post some pics!

goodluck

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Atv are you from California? Just curious because the Baja look is big over there (higher front end).

Take pics when your done!

ATVkrazy05

Reaction score
Actually I am from South Carolina. That look is big around here to. Almost every lifted truck or SUV around here sqwats in the rear. My truck does right now and it looks pretty good, get alot of compliments. Guess its just preference. Also Zed, when you installed the leveling kit and the rear spacers, did it alter the ride of the car any? if it is going to make a big difference in stiffness i dont want to get a spacer in the rear.

Last edited:

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Atv, no change in ride quality at all. Feels the same on and off-road. That extra clearance when I go off-road is great.

ATVkrazy05

Reaction score
Sounds like just what i need Zed. Cant wait to get it all ordered and installed. Will post pics.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I couldn't help but notice but did somebody key the hell out of the left side of you car, because it look like there is a long scratch in the pics!

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I couldn't help but notice but did somebody key the hell out of the left side of you car, because it look like there is a long scratch in the pics!

:mad2::mad2: yup! makes me mad too b/c the cops checked the wrong video camera where my car was and now its erased :box2:

but after i took that picture i took a sharpie to it... makes it look alot better but still obviously can see it. OR i could spend $1000 to fix it :skep:

:mad3::mad3:

ill get it fixed eventually but not right now... besides its a free racing stripe and it adds atleast 50hp...

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha that sounds like what a ricer driver would say, who throws a breadloaf muffler on their car then think they can race a Lamborghini, can't you get a whole new paint job for that from insurance?

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha that sounds like what a ricer driver would say, who throws a breadloaf muffler on their car then think they can race a Lamborghini, can't you get a whole new paint job for that from insurance?

yeah i could and i have a sweet deductible of only $100, BUT i just got on a new company and i dont want to be making any small claims like that already... kinda a sticky situation but it will be ok, ill get her fixed soon, and save the claims for something bigger - just dont want them to drop me, know what i mean :skep:

Nice Tahoe Mister!-

thanks! :D

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I do, and that is a sweet deductible too!