Ipod install in my tahoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bayou_visions

Reaction score
Thought some 1994 - 1999 tahoe owners would like my ipod install I did about 5 years ago.

http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?t=31037

SWEET - VERY WELL DONE!
I'm looking to do the same on my 97 Tahoe and just posted asking for information on using that space to mount a IPOD mounting bracket.
This looks wicked nice!
I recently installed an aftermarket Kenwood Head Unit with a AUX input on the face and still have the OEM CD player - so it looks like it will be ripped out today and a parts list made to attempt this.
Thanks for posting this!

I have one of those wireless FM setups that plug into the cig lighter I may try to utilize it so I can still charge my IPOD in the vehicle.
I will post my results and pictures.

jeffr0wland

Reaction score
Post some pics when you get done! I was on here trying to solve a problem I am having with my tahoe when I figured that this would be great place to show people so they could do it if they want.

I have an Iphone now so I'm going to change docks and hopefully add a tv out to it.

bayou_visions

Reaction score
Post some pics when you get done! I was on here trying to solve a problem I am having with my tahoe when I figured that this would be great place to show people so they could do it if they want.

I have an Iphone now so I'm going to change docks and hopefully add a tv out to it.

I will certainly post up the images - this is just what I've been looking for. Now I need to find a cool way to mount my mobile police scanner - I can use the AUX Input on my head unit to patch the sound to my system from the headphone jack on the scanner as a line in. The speakers on those scanners really suck but now the sound quality is unreal.

What kind of problem are you having with your ride? I pretty much built my ride from scratch (have the builders title to prove it LOL) from three vehicles. Drive train is 100% new (just installed a 383ci Stroker last week) have a few minor issues to complete, almost have it where I want it.