Falken Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doghouse

Reaction score
Is anyone running them? Are they quiet on the road? I am about to get some new 20" tires and they were going to put on the Falken tires S/TZ01 series. I've read reports that they are good for the price but didn't want anything too noisy on the road.

TIA
JR

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anyone running them? Are they quiet on the road? I am about to get some new 20" tires and they were going to put on the Falken tires S/TZ01 series. I've read reports that they are good for the price but didn't want anything too noisy on the road.

TIA
JR

Yea, I have Falkens on my 22s. I can't wait for them to wear out so I can get nicer tires. They ride kind of rough and are noisy. I would definitely spend a tad bit more on some Pirellis, etc.... Just my $0.02

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you go w/ Pirellis, I would go w/ the Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetricos. I had them on my f-150 on 22s a few years back and I really liked them. I also had Toyo Proxes 4s on my 300C on 22s that I just sold to get my Tahoe... Bottom line is that I HIGHLY recommend investing in nice tires. I'm kicking myself in the a$$ right now for going w/ the Falkens and not dropping a little extra coin for nice tires like I've done in the past.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im running falken s/tz-04 285/40/22's. I have no compaints.

Just curious - Do you have any experience running different tires on 22s to compare the Falkens to? The reason I ask is that I didn't realize how nice the Pirellis and the Toyos were until I got the Falkens.