Tire servie monitor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4 reel

Reaction score
New tahoe owner here. I purchased an 04 tahoe that had a 'service tire monitor' reading on the display when I purchased it.

It was one of those brother in law deals that i got sucked in to:confused: -- Anyways does anyone know how to turn this thing off or what it actually means. Tires are almost brand new and pressure is good. Any help is appreciated.

JAF 69

Reaction score
I have an 04 Tahoe that I bought new and I have been fighting with the dealer since with the same problem :mad: . The have replace the sensors on the wheels and reset the computer and it returns. The last time I didn't even get it home and the message came back. The dealer said that GM has admitted this problem and doesn't have a fix for it. He claims that other vehicles have the same issue with this option (Impala, etc). He said to keep checking back, in the meantime keep pressing the button on the odometer so you don't have to look at it I guess. That is all I know for now. Stay tuned.

karlj

Reaction score
Tire Service Monitor

I have an 04 Tahoe as well. The message came up CHECK TIRE PRESSURE so I did and all four were between 28 & 30 lbs. I put them all at 33 lbs and the message went out and has not appeared again and its been a month now.

jvangun

Reaction score
service tire monitor

Not to be redundant but..... I have an 04 Yukon and mine come on intermitently. I have had the dealer ship check for proper tire pressure when having it in for oil change and everything is fine. Luckinly it only stays on for a bit and then goes back off. It seems to happen when I am on long trip on the highway.

feehar

Reaction score
Service Tire Monitor

I have an 04 hoe and I would get it once in a while now that I keep my tire pressure at 32 psi it hasn't been back.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the same problem with my 04 it sucks ! ... i keep my tires at 35 lbs since the tires i'm using are 40lbs max rating never have had a problem for a while.

i'm wondering if there is a fuse to "disable" the warning indicator like the DRL you just "pop" out the 10amp fuse ??????? heheheh

JAF 69

Reaction score
Dealer has a solution for "Service Tire Monitor"

Check with your local dealers. I called and they have some new solution from GM. So far so good.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the Info I certainly will :)

also i found out the problem that was causing my insane dilemma it was the darn valve itself ..13mm long socket fixed the problem from the outside they come loose and lose the air around the rubber seal :)

been running now 20 k later now no problems

Last edited:

mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is absolutly no way to disable it. if you get that 'service tire monitor' you probably need new sensors or they havent been trained properly to the computer