Yukon XL Denali in the Snow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the snow finally arrived today and I was able to try out how the Denali XL handles the white stuff with the new 17" winter tires. And I have to say, I'm impressed! We've been having unusually cold temps the past week or so--tonight it will be -9 C (about 16 F)--and we got about 4-5 inches of snow during the day. It was the first snowfall of the season.

Coming from a Subaru STI that had AWD and no traction control and was super fun :yesnod:...

...I was a little worried that the nanny on the Yukon would be too intrusive. My last SUV had a button to turn off the traction control, but it never really turned off completely--it was a total fun-killer :sad:

I tried the Yukon with and without traction control on and I was very happy. Traction control off meant it was really off and I was able to do a little side drifting around some S-curves as I climbed the mountain back to my house. That brought back fond memories of the STI :gy:.

Now I'm looking forward to getting more snow and finding some empty parking lots ;).

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish we had snow here:cryin:

my silverado has no traction control and I can be in 4x4 or 2 wheel. Best of both worlds IMO. :D

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to say that doing controlled drifts in AWD is super fun :D. Temps are dropping to record lows the next couple of days: -12° C (10.4° F) with wind chills in the -16° to -20° C (3.2° F to -4° F) range. And then more snow is forecast for Sunday and Monday :eek2:.

P.S. I love the Yukon's remote start!

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like your having fun, wish there was just a little sun in TX like JK said!
By the way your camera is badass!

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck looks good dude :cheers: Get a tune on that thing and it will be all kinds of fun like the sti was, took mine out the other day and did some axis spins
IMG_0197.jpg

40mph in a circle is always fun :D

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got more snow on Sunday and I'm having to play shuttle service for my near-by relatives because none of the side streets were cleared. This picture is from yesterday before the latest snowfall.

Denali_snow_1b-small.jpg

In fact, I had to put a tow rope on last night to pull out a neighbor's Cherokee (2wd-only) that got stuck in the snow.

Another storm system arrived and it's snowing heavily right now. They're forecasting another 6-8 inches in the flats and we've already got another foot of snow up where we are.

Not that I'm complaining! The Denali is handling all this deep stuff great!