Door Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panic_fan

Reaction score
Wanted to get some replacement door speakers. Can anyone tell me what size for the front and rear.

Anything needed to change then from factory?

Also, how hard is it to get into the door panels? Anyone have instruction?
Thanks!:gy:

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the front and rear doors are both 6.5". fronts also have a 1" tweeter. the rears are shallow mount speakers tho. the front door panel pries off, and there are a few screws, and the rear door, the speaker grill just pries off. the rears are very simple. the front is the most difficult part

qlc1964

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and you need to be sure that the depth of the spkr is 2 1/4 or less are the window

will hit the magnet when you let it down. you can make a spacer and your still
limted to do that if you want the spkr behind the fac grill. if the spacer is to thick

the panel will not snap on at the bottom. iv'e been there

qlc1964

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i really can't remember why but will the white windowstop on the glass clear as well?

there is a sound diff when the window is all the way down because the glass is so close
to the back of the spkr . the front&back wave of sound cancel each other out
so i used some plastic spkr baffles and cut holes on the sides of them so the spkrs can

breathe. it did make a noticeable improvement with the windows down

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are we talkin fronts or rears here? im assuming fronts cuz the rears dont go down anyway. lol. but yea, mine sound fine either way. i rolled the window down b4 i put them in to make sure, but i had no problems at all. i dont even really notice a difference with the windows up or down.

tahoeman960208

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on putting some new speakers in the front sometime this week. Is it really as easy as you describe? All I have to do is pry the door panel off, and then use a screwdriver? There's no drilling or any extra parts I need?

Backon4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You do have to drill holes in the front doors. The front factories have a built in mount that clips in. Once you have it out just take your speaker and set it in there and mark whee you ned to drill and then take the speaker down and drill. The hardest part is disconnecting the window switches.

tahoeman960208

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the speakers finally, I'm gonna take some pictures of the process incase anybody wants to see a how NOT to put in speakers, I'll be back before they're done, no doubt.