Do I have Autoride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turnerm12

Reaction score
Whats up everyone. Im looking to put a ready lift kit / leveling kit with new bilstein shocks in the front so I am able to clear 33" tires, but was told that if I had autoride and i got new shocks it would leave the service light on in the dash. Been looking at many other threads and I don't know if I have autoride. How can I find out? I do not think I do but just making sure. Its a 2003 GMC Yukon SLT.

Thanks for the help:ktoe:

turnerm12

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pop your hood or crank one of the wheels all the way over to expose the shock body. if your shock is orange and has a sensor and wire harness leading off the stem of the shock your truck is autoride. also when you start the truck does a compressor turn on for a moment from the drivers rear you have autoride.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or just look where it says SLT on the side of the truck (I think C piller). if it has autoride written under it than yes, if not, then no.

hey boost. Quick question, the shocks on my silverado are orange, and have a wire. But I dont have a compressor or auto ride. Whats up with that??? Im super confused, sorry for the hijack OP.

turnerm12

Reaction score
Thanks a ton. I don't have Auto Ride and thats good cause it messes up with putting aftermarket shocks on.