DSP Settings for factory stereo...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According the to manual, if you have the Bose system, you should be able to select from four DSP settings, "Normal", "Surround Centerpoint", "Rear", and "Driver". I have an LTZ with the Bose, and I don't see these options anywhere on the sound menu.....any thoughts?

Also, I don't see any setting for the Bose "Audio Pilot"...is it possible that an LTZ didn't come with the Bose system?? I have Bose on the speaker grills...

Last edited:

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the bose and have not found those options.

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think we have them....

I have the bose and have not found those options.

If you look at the option for the 'Bose System', it only refers to the speaker system and the integrated subwoofer....I think all GM offers is the Bose Speaker System (which is lacking to say the least). The stereo headunit/nav system, etc. itself is not the 'Bose System' the manual is referring to....

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe only the Denali and Esky have the center point and audio pilot.

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got the bose sounding descent...

You are correct sir!

I put the bass up to about 2 clicks from full and the mid about 3 clicks from full and the treble about 3-4 clicks from full...finally sounding a little better than descent..I would say about a 7 out of 10 on XM..and this is coming from a guy that uses SPL meters to set up home theatre's....(I got mine up to over 92 dbA with NO distortion, but the 2 12's in a down firing enclosure with 1500 watts may have helped a little...hehehehe...:D ). Normally I don't bump up mids and treble too much, but the BOSE requires it to sound descent (at least for me).

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bump the mid and treble up all the way to make the bose sound less crappy.
The only good thing about the bose is I dont get any distortion.
I think whatever bose does to get rid of distortion also gets rid of a good sound. I've heard $20 boom boxes that sound better than bose. I dont understand peoples attraction to bose.