Good inexpensive lift??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vanilla_Gorilla312

Reaction score
I was lookin for a good 6" lift kit to clear at least 35" tires for a little green. What are your guys recommendations and experiencecs with your lift kits, ie. problems with alignments, breaking parts, etc??

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good and inexpensive dont really go together

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your best bet is to pick up the Procomp 6" or the Dick Cepek 6.5" kit.

still haven't heard of anyone with any problems with either. still haven't torn anything up on my procomp kit.

although im still kickin myself in the ass for not doing the SFA swap and a 12" lift :)

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you gotta PAY to PLAY...

thats given anytime you mod any vechile....go cheap exspect **** to break and dont bother wasting our time with fix me posts...

real thing is...wanna do **** big...spend big money...its acalled a hooby...theres no such thing as a cheao hobby

bowtiefreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone is saying the samething...because we are right. Low cost or cheap dictates the end product most of the time. I wish things were cheaper too. If you are going to invest any money into it...save and do it right the first time. Doing it twice with crap will cost you more in the end. SAS FTW!

Vanilla_Gorilla312

Reaction score
Maybe I worded my question wrong. I'm not lookin to go cheapo on a lift, not my m.o. But I didn't want to spend say $2000 for fabtech if it was exactly the same thing as say a skyjacker lift for $1500, just an example.

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go procomp or dick cepek I think that they are right around $1300 but i am not sure

Last edited:

mross

Full Access Member
Reaction score
problem is good and inexpensive usually are not used in same sentence,you get what you pay for,at least thats been my experience

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you'll probably be looking a little closer to $1500 for the Procomp Kit. If you play your cards right you can get it installed for about the same price. (got my kit with install for just over $1600, kit retails around $1500 install was $600....)

everyone with skyjacker lifts seem to always "wish" they had gone with the ProComp Kit. Personally i don't like the Fabtech kit for the fact they stick your front wheels out wider than they already are. sure you can correct it with custom backspaced rims, or wheel spacers on the rear, but that was extra money i didn't feel i should have to spend. (refering to when i bought my kit)

the ONLY other kit i have heard good things about is the BDS kit but it is almost double the price of the ProComp Kit.

If your going to spend $2000 on a lift kit you may as well do the SFA swap and spend just a little more.

bowtiefreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the DC kits :) Mine with the dual shock hoop and everything was about 1700 shipped. 300 more for the procomp springs. I agree that the procomp sounds like a perfect fit for you.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the DC kits :) Mine with the dual shock hoop and everything was about 1700 shipped. 300 more for the procomp springs. I agree that the procomp sounds like a perfect fit for you.

whoops spaced the DC kit in the last post.

newmarketEOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Enless you are going extreme deffinately stick with IFS, a SAS sounds cheap initially but will very quickly snowball.

I personally have no issues with my sub-thousand dollar RCX 6 inch lift.

cyptre

Reaction score
ProComp is a good lift and you can get a 6in. Superlift for about the same at 4wheel parts. I've never had a problem with mine just dont use there shocks. I would upgrade to a mono-tube. Maybe just get a front suspension conversion and go with lift leaf springs in the back. Less axle wrap.

2drBlueHoe

Reaction score
i personally like RCX ( rough country ) but thats just my .2 cents....I have installed a few RCX's on hoe's , yuk's and a few trucks and I like them very much since the redesign...

check 'em out

www.roughcountry.com

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get the procomp. lifetime warranty...hello. 2000 gets you 6 inch top of line procomp mx6 kit like yours truly. then some 17s or bigger and new rubber and pow your big dog. my sht was bone stock when i got it. Not any more....haha