Replace Door Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tdahew

Reaction score
I am looking to replace my speakers in the door of my 08 tahoe. I will have a amp going to them I think it's around 75x4. If any one could provide me with a list of option that would be great. Crutchfield said I should either go with Polk or JL. Not really trying to spend JL money right now. And the sub that will be in the truck will either be cvt12 or JL 10w3.

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with infinitys all around: 6020cs (front doors and tweeters), 6022i (rear doors) and one 104.7w (10" sub).

Sound is awesome. The thing to remember is power (amp) is king.

yugoballa823

Reaction score
yeah id agree infinitis are good thats what im going to do wen i change my stock speakers. Nd how many cvt12s do u plan on putting in? I have 2 powered by a zx850.2 and it bumps but im still not totally happy but hopefully changing the door speakers will make it better. IMO its just now loud enough

Tdahew

Reaction score
I changed my mind on the CVT12 I went with 1 Kicker L5. Since I haven't been able to find the CVT12 so that I could hear them and the 10w3 was in a seald box I picke up the L5 in a ported box. I have to make sure my power is right. I think in the store they had 300 going to it. I know the RMS is 450. I thinking about getting this amp Infinity REF611A.