Pics of my new progress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoebrotha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd post pics of my voltmeter install. It came out pretty good I thought. Now I can monitor exactly how my stereo is doing instead of that stupid gauge.

Attachments

• Photo0130.jpg
    Photo0130.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Photo0131.jpg
    Photo0131.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Photo0132.jpg
    Photo0132.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Photo0133.jpg
    Photo0133.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 30

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn, thats a clean install. I've got mine right next to the amp so i know how much power its getting when im tuning it and running tests n junk. other than that i just use the needle. but now that i've seen this i may have to do this myself.. do u have pics of the install itself?

tahoebrotha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no I don't unfortunately, but I just drilled a hole and used a jigsaw as carefully as I could to try to get the hole the perfect size. I went a little wide in some spots, hence the electrical tape trim. lol. I wish I had a dremel tool or something, it probably would have been a lot easier.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your dash gauge similar (in readings) to your new digital gauge or is it pretty off??

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from what i've notived so far with my gauge in the back the needle is typically right on.

i've got a dremel. :D so i think this is gonna be my post-christmas present for the hoe. lol.

tahoebrotha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah it's pretty much right on but if the needled gauge ever fails, I'm good, plus the digital is much cooler looking. lol

newthom75

Reaction score
where did you get that meter at i wont mine just like that but i night do two one for each battery

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where did you attach the wires? to the existing signal to the stock meter, or somewhere else?

tahoebrotha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this one is just a two wire so I ran one to my stereo remote wire in the fuse box and one to a ground under the dash. easy as pie

tahoebrotha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some more pics of my rear door components install. They're MB Quart 6.5" Components and they sound awesome. I got components all the way around now and I get great sound definition from any seat in the truck. The grill is off of the the woofer in the pic of course.

Attachments

• Photo0148.jpg
    Photo0148.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 17
  • Photo0149.jpg
    Photo0149.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 13

tahoebrotha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
easy, much easier than the fronts, you defnitely don't have much clearance to mount your speaker before you hit the window motor so you need shallow speakers.

tahoebrotha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here are some pics of my custom crossover covers. I made little windows to see them through the door and lit them with blue led's

tahoebrotha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also traded my ported box for this sealed box because I wanted cleaner, tighter bass. Sorry for the messy cargo area

DaKing602

Reaction score
Nice Job on those crossovers! They look sick in the doors. Did you put some L.E.D.'s in there or did the crossover come with them?