Lighting Write-Up Install Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright I guys I decide to start a technical thread on lighting mods to help the members on here with a lot of questions I am going to complete within the next two weeks, they consist of;
1. HID install step by step for the low beam headlights.
2. HID install for the fog lights step by step. (Coming soon).
3. LED combo install for the rear taillights and 3rd brake lights, with halogen bulb reverse lights and LED license plate lights! (coming soon)
Anybody who has any questions just post it here and I will be happy to answer it for you’ll. The mods that say coming soon will also be posted in this same thread soon.
And last of all these mods took/will take a lot of time and money to complete for me, so if you want to say something irrelevant to this thread just take it to the Off-Topic part of this forum. Thanks!
1. HID install step by step for the low beam headlights.
First your gonna have to get the push pins and two bolts out of the inner wheel liner
GEDC0386.jpg

GEDC0387.jpg

Then you will take out the 3rd bolt holding the headlight in, this is the bolt that always gives people issues when removing it because they don’t know its there.
GEDC0388.jpg

Then you will remove the front fascia bumper brackets which are held in with two bolts.
GEDC0391.jpg

GEDC0407.jpg

GEDC0406.jpg

GEDC0389.jpg

Remove the six bolts holding down the fascia on top of the grille, there are two on each outer end and like 4 in between those.
GEDC0394.jpg

Remove the two bolts holding down the headlight from the top-front completing the other 2/3 of the existing headlight bolts.
GEDC0395.jpg

Back of my headlight assembly. Take note of the disconnected Assembly voltage supply connector which gives power to all the bulbs in the headlight. You HAVE to disconnect this just to make sure you don’t short anything or shock yourself, and plus atleast you won’t have to disconnect the battery and lose your vehicle settings!
GEDC0400.jpg

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Headlight removed on the left hand side. To get it out on both sides all you have to do is disconnect the clip holding each light from the rear and put some gentle persuasion into pulling the sides closer to the grille towards you, watching out for the clips holding and sealing the light from scraping the fascia beside the grille and part of the fascia that is taped up. After the corner of the light comes out with the two guiding clips behind the orange sidemarker, then use the extending part of the fender as a turning axis and pull it towards you and bam its out, sorry I forgot to get detailed pics of this part.
GEDC0392.jpg

GEDC0396.jpg

Apexcone Slim-Ballast HID kit. Any HID brand will work, slim or not, but slim may make it a bit sleeker of an install!
GEDC0397.jpg

Apexcone slim ballast and igniter in the box with High voltage connectors.
GEDC0399.jpg

Apexcone HID bulb (6000k) with High voltage connectors to attach to the ballast/igniter output.
GEDC0398.jpg

Igniter showing a bit after the headlight is installed and sealed up.
GEDC0410.jpg

Ballast installed with 3M double sided tape and all connected up. It goes like this, connect the ballast input connector to the headlight low beam H11 output connector (you may have to reverse this plug later to get the bulb to light up properly so don’t seal up everything). Then connect high voltage connectors from the igniter to the high voltage input of the bulb. And then when you’re done remove the protective cover of the bulb and put it straight into the headlight without EVER touching the bulb with your fingers or on any surface to prevent future bulb damage.
GEDC0393.jpg

The ballast installed with 3M double sided tape on the inner part of the metal beam beside the headlight. As you can see there is a material covering it form sight after install. That is the sleekest place to put the ballast because after it is put there you will not be able to see it anymore.
GEDC0401.jpg

GEDC0402.jpg

LH Headlight back in. Just do everything in reverse and get those lights back in and put every removed bolt back on from ALL the removed places!
Do you see the ballast or any wires?
GEDC0408.jpg

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again the install is done in the following two pics, can’t even see the wires for the kit and they don’t impede or block anything. Sleek install, no proof of aftermarket or unprofessional amateur wiring!
GEDC0409.jpg

GEDC0411.jpg

Left hand light and both headlights after the HID’s installed. Bright as hell and look very good with just very minimal blue, puts blue dyed bulbs like Luminics and Nokya to shame!
GEDC0404.jpg

GEDC0405.jpg

Beam patters and brightness in the remaining pics, very little glare and a pretty descent beam for non projector housings!
GEDC0418.jpg

GEDC0419.jpg

GEDC0420-1.jpg

GEDC0421-1.jpg

GEDC0422-1.jpg

GEDC0423-1.jpg

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More Pics of license plate LED's, and they're not as blue as they look but rather a cool white color.

Attachments

• GEDC0429.jpg
    GEDC0429.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 27
  • GEDC0427.jpg
    GEDC0427.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 46
  • GEDC0428.jpg
    GEDC0428.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics of the HID's

Attachments

• GEDC0433.jpg
    GEDC0433.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 32
  • GEDC0434.jpg
    GEDC0434.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 26
  • GEDC0436.jpg
    GEDC0436.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 28

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool right up. GM has very good stock headlights, Im amazed at my beam paddern for the silverado, still gunna throw some projectors in there after the holidays but, right now they are preety good, I dont get flashed much , have tons more light on the road and down the road, but my Side to side sucks. Which is why I want projectors.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah RT the side to side lighting from stock housings is alot more inferior to projectors but $200 is alot to me for new ones. The only way I would bring that amount out to buy projector housings foy my 07 is if TXDPS made HID's illegal unless they are in projector housings or if I was blinding alot of people and getting too many flashes. The Tahoe housings have less reflective material in them which makes the beam alot less than it would be in a Yukon, but the Yukon projectors cost a **** load so I would not buy them either.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah RT the side to side lighting from stock housings is alot more inferior to projectors but $200 is alot to me for new ones. The only way I would bring that amount out to buy projector housings foy my 07 is if TXDPS made HID's illegal unless they are in projector housings or if I was blinding alot of people and getting too many flashes. The Tahoe housings have less reflective material in them which makes the beam alot less than it would be in a Yukon, but the Yukon projectors cost a **** load so I would not buy them either.

Yea, I get flashed in the yukon with halagons in there, I flash them back and thats about it. But I dont drive the yukon much these days, now that I have somthing else to drive and put miles on it, I can keep the vette and kon low. Its really nice. But Im gunna get projectors for the silverado soon, and maybe later I will get those super duper 700 dollar HIDS for the yukon, But I e-mailed the guy 5 times in the last month with no return e-mail, guess he does not want my business that badly.

hazer396

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn i thot 6000K were really blue..
wtf does 4300K look like then? lol

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn i thot 6000K were really blue..
wtf does 4300K look like then? lol

that is really blue IMO. My yukon had 6000k and I hated them, way too blue and usuable light was horrible because of it. 4300k-5000k is optimum. Anything above your output goes down and the rico meter goes up.

4300k in my silverado.. all pics are HIDS

silveradocutoff.jpg

silverado.jpg

silverHIDSflash.jpg

This pic was the camera , they are not yellow at all.
silveradoHIDS.jpg

silveradoHIDS3.jpg

Fogs are on in this pic
silveradohids2.jpg

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think my 6000k have very minimal blue, its like none at all, if anything it has a violet/white appearance. 4500K kits have some yellow in them, and then 5000k kits I think are the best for OEM wanters, no yellow, no blue, just a pure white!

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure do!

Attachments

• GEDC0304.jpg
    GEDC0304.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 78

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LED tails in!

I finally got the LED Tails in and on but I'm too lazy to make another Install thread. I also delayed the third brae light but when I do get it I will be sure to post it up. But here go some Pics!

LED's in the Box
GEDC0463.jpg

32LED Super White 7440 Tower bulb
GEDC0474.jpg

Daytime Pic of Bermuda Black IPCW LED tails
GEDC0479.jpg

LED tails at night along with Super White 7440 LED reverse bulbs
GEDC0498.jpg

GEDC0499.jpg

Random HID and Putco Fogs Pic
GEDC0507.jpg

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey can you take some more shots of the LED tails in the daylight?

Outside the garage please?

From the rear as well as a rear corner shot?

Am I asking too much? :)

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No you're not asking too much but I can't get any new shots for you because I'm away in college and the Tahoe is at home. But I can get you more night/evening pics that I have but just not any day pics?

FadedSS

Reaction score
Hey can you take some more shots of the LED tails in the daylight?

Outside the garage please?

From the rear as well as a rear corner shot?

Am I asking too much? :)

x2! that would be great if possible

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted what I have. I do have more pics uninstalled in the "This is the 07 Section" in the General 07 Topic section, take a look, hope it helps you out!