djm thought's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000 limited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi everybody i am in the process of lowering the limited hoe and i for the rear i put some mcgaughy's shackle's from a silverado and it lowered me 4 in the rear. i measured before and after and it went down 4. now i wanna lower the front 3 but i wanna use djm lower arms. i have had these arms before on my silverado's in the past and i love them. but thet were trucks what will they do for a tahoe. my past silverado's rode awesome thats why i want those any tips or info... thanks

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Belltech spindles and 1" coils, don't forget shorter shocks. I think the part # on the djm arms is CA2555L-3 but you'll still need to run a shorter shock. I'd even consider a 3" coil up front and it should ride nicely. You sure the shackles gave you 4" drop? Usually a hanger/shackle is necessary for that much drop in the rear unless your rear springs are sagged or you have some extremely long shackles.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running dropped control arms on my 06 yukon, and not really sure if i'm too happy with it. i would of rather got some drop spindles, but at the time, i had 16" wheels and i would have to run a 17" wheel or larger for drop spindles. I think that the expierence i had with the vendor that i bought the kit from was the reason why i am a little bitter about the djm products. If you do drop it, i would recomend to run drop shocks with your drop and save yourself some headaches. Also IMO, call the manufactuer that you plan on using and ask them for the correct part numbers for the kit, that way you dont get screwed with some wrong info or parts.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Word. I'd research the hell out of everything, check out www.gmfullsize.com and do some searching on there since not many people drop their obs trucks on here. Even though your truck is a 2000 I'd get into the habit of calling it a 99 since most places don't realize they made both body styles that year. There is a dude on here with a dropped limited, think it's a 3/3 kit but it turned out nice. Dude's name is colacanyon or something of that nature, good looking truck tho
IMG_0722.jpg