Im NEW I Need Help with XM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kmg3773

Reaction score
I currently bought an 07 Tahoe LT2. I traded my Nissan 350z for this vehicle. I loved my car, but I needed the room and I am falling in love with this tahoe. Well I want to figure out how to get XM in the tahoe?? I know the radio has the feature but I just dont know how to even get into XM mode. I press source and it just goes from AM/FM to CD and back. Then i press the CAT button and it says XM Feature only... So any help would be great..
thanks...

mohspeed

Reaction score
Chances are that being it is an 07 the free 3 month trial has ended and the original owner did not extend the service and/or cancelled before they traded it in or sold it to the dealership. Try haggling the dealership to give/pay for your 3 month trial. Normally when you do have the XM service, all you do is hit the source button until it reaches the XM mode and it should play the last XM that you were previously at. Pushing the CAT button would bring up the different categories of music available for XM such as 70's, 80's, 90's or whatever you programmed your "favorites" to be. You should however be able to pick up 1 or 2 channels despite not having the XM service. I think I get like 2 or 3 channels...some news channel and some preview channel.

kmg3773

Reaction score
Well I press the source button and it never goes to XM. I figured that the trial or service was cancelled. So it makes me think that I might not even have the XM feature. The only thing that makes me second guess myself is the CAT button says XM feature only on the little LCD display.

mohspeed

Reaction score
Sounds like you just need to renew your service then. I have an 08 LT2 and mine came with XM. I'm assuming the 08 and 07 didn't change in features that much so I'm sure you have XM built in...just need to renew your service. Do you still have Onstar? If so you can either call them from your vehicle or logon into your Onstar account online and renew your XM from there.

kmg3773

Reaction score
Yeah I do have onstar, I think I need to renew that too.. haha
Thanks for everything, I will let you know what happens.

dragon1073

Reaction score
You Dont Have Xm Module In Truck

you dont have xm module in truck, you need to get kit from dealer or other source, it is a very simple install, i got one from dealer cost me about 200 bucks, and got free trial....
comes with harness, anntenna, (that was the hard part, comes with directions, but you need to remove side pillar covers and drop down the front part of ceiling cover... to run wire for antenna, which the antenna replaces the one you have, its a combo onstar and xm antenna) and module, (module installs under dash behind the glove box.

if any further questions feel free to ask...

dragon1073

kmg3773

Reaction score
ooooh alright.. thanks i really appreciate it.