lift needed tore off valance in 5 minutes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clembobr

Reaction score
So I guess I need more front ground clearance. I want keep the stock wheels on my 07 k tahoe, change to kuhmo kl-78b road venture tires. the 285s are ten lbs heaver per wheel than the stock 265s. Is a 1.2 inch diameter gain worth the extra weight? So with near stock tires, what size level kit would look the best on my tahoe.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like the way you started this thread! LOL

just pull the trigger and go for a full suspension lift.

clembobr

Reaction score
I'm trying to improve the tahoes mpg so I'm not doing the big tire look. I want it to cruze at 80 easely. The ccm 2.5-1.0 might be overkill with stock tires. The front 2.5 and 2.0 kits sagg the back look of old I don't want.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd hate to disappoint you if you go with a larger tire it will not improve your MPG. GM has already spent millions on trying to figure out the best combonation of horsepower/torque and MPG going with a larger tire will not help. your engine will be working harder in order to accelerate and maintain highway speeds.

If you go with 1-2 inch leveling kit i think you should be fine.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah go with at least a 2" level kit (off-road clearance). I have the CCM 2.5" front and 1" rear kit, and the back end is ~0.25" higher than the front. The ride is the same on and off-road.

Also since you want to minimize extra weight and do not want the wide tire look, find a tire with a high aspect ratio (maybe find 265/75/xx).

Let us know what you decide.

clembobr

Reaction score
tore off valance in 5 minutes

I knew a taller tire won't help my mileage, I got an airaid and a cat back, thinking about blackbear. I"m trying to fill out the wheel well and gain ground clearance at the same time. Went to tirerack they don't have tires in 265/75/17 or 285/75/17 I wish they did. Eitherway my front has got to go up.Is a 1.5 enough ?

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tire sizes you are looking for have a 70 aspect ratio not a 75...so look for a 265/70-17 or 285/70-17...a taller tire that is similar in width to the factory tire will change you mileage minimally...if you go wider you will suffer more loss.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew a taller tire won't help my mileage, I got an airaid and a cat back, thinking about blackbear. I"m trying to fill out the wheel well and gain ground clearance at the same time. Went to tirerack they don't have tires in 265/75/17 or 285/75/17 I wish they did. Eitherway my front has got to go up.Is a 1.5 enough ?

Any off-road store should carry 265 or 285/75/17. Not sure the trade off you are willing to take (mileage vs tire height), but the higher aspect ratio tires will be MTs like Mike Thompsons.

clembobr

Reaction score
I got my 2.5-1.0 level kit installed, big difference in height and looks. So much that I had to put on taller tires. Went with the kuhmo road ventures 285s kept the stock 17s and the valance is off for good.