Can someone tell me how to get to the Bose amp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gruson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok,

I had a new system put in my Tahoe but the Bose amp was left in to drive the very back speakers (beside 3rd row).

I now need to turn the volume down on the Bose amp...it only controls those back speakers now.

So, where is it and how do I get to it?

Thanks guys!

Let me know how hard it is to get to....I had the Bose Premium system with Nav before upgrading to aftermarket. (2008 Tahoe Hybrid)

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As omar said, you need to remove the front seats in order to remove the console. The amp is under it. But, there is no "volume" control or pot inside or around the amp. The input level and consequent output is set by the known signal level coming from the head unit. You're going to have to pad the line going into the amp in order to reduce the level going out. Somewhere here, I posted a view of the connector on the amp. You can locate which wires need the resistor pad. Install the pad near the head unit, and save yourself a lot of time pulling the seats. I'd install a pot so you can adjust the level to your liking. But there's nothing in the amp that can be adjusted by the user.

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HT -- is both the amp and the sub in the console? I would think that an amp would get hot within the console ??

The reason I ask is because my hubby wants to upgrade his Bose system in his '08 Silverado ext cab and space is an issue. Before ordering new components, I'm trying to get a feel if we can actually put an amp in the console. That would leave the new sub for under the rear seat.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the sub enclosure and its amp is in there too! The sub isn't just a speaker, but an enclosure which employs a folded waveguide. So there's a lot of stuff packed in there. The main amp is convection cooled, but I think the sub amp uses the air produced from the speaker movement in the wave guide to help cool it.

sotsub

Reaction score
I was able to remove my console by just moving seats around and up and down, not removing them at all.

omar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to remove my console by just moving seats around and up and down, not removing them at all.
I tried that before, but it was a true PITA.... since then, it was much easier to deal with the entire seat being removed, imo.

Cruz H

Reaction score
One question does anyone know what are the color codes for the speakers connected to the bose amp