Still cant get steering wheel controls to work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wrek

Reaction score
I purchased a SWI-PS for my 2007 Chevy Tahoe for steering wheel controls. I'm currently using a Pioneer Avic F900BT unit.

I've gone through the directions but I'm stuck on Section 7 step 4
"With the LED on, press your steering wheel button until the light goes out and hold for one second more."

The LED never stays on, only when I'm pressing the program button and only goes off when I release it.

The picture located here does not look like my plug. I have the green wire on the SWI-PS connected to a light green wire from the factory wiring harness (red and black wires are connected correctly).

http://www.pac-audio.com/swixprogra...arch=Chevrolet&Submit2=+Search+Vehicles&ID=80

Any help is appreciated.

calford

Reaction score
If you can give me more details I could help you out. Where did you hook up the wire, at the BCM or behind the radio? The wire you need cannot be accessed behind the radio. when you turn the truck on, does the proper version number flash? Are you holding down the button long enough to enter programming mode

FYI I'm a professional mobile electronics installer.