Yukon lift Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turnerm12

Reaction score
Hope everyone had a good Christmas. I have a 03 Yukon 4X4 and want to put the ready lift kit on it to clear 285x65x18s. I am deciding between BF Good. All terr. and Toyo open country. I also was told that with that big of tires I'm going to loose a lot of my torque. New shocks or just leave the stock?? Wondering what anyones take is on the leveling kit and tires and if it will mess up the steering etc. I also want to be able to do some "medium" off roading with my buddies so want to make sure this will hold up. Thanks guys!!

PS. Forgot the fun part. White truck......chrome or black wheels :)

Aquinosteven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
u should be able to run 285/70/16 with ur keys turned just up a little more then stock but with spacers and ford keys. 295/75/16 would be ur max. if u wanna go any bigger i would go for the skyjacker 3" lift or a body lift if u dont tow. if ur shocks are worn i would get new ones (lift kits sometimes offer specials on shocks.) ur truck is gonna go slower then before but not by much because of the bigger tire size. u arent going up by much. lastly go for the BFG all terrain. i have heard alot of good things about them. keep me updated i would like to see how ur tahoe turns out.

PS: black wheels

Gray Ghost

Reaction score
I agree with the black wheels definitely. I would be interested in the pics as well. I am wanting to lift my 01 just enough to get 33s under it with my existing 20s. If anyone has any suggestions on what type of lift to do (body, torsion keys, or suspension), please let me know.

Aquinosteven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have seen tahoes that have a 3" body and run 35s. i just dont like the idea of pulling the body away from the frame. i would go with a sus. lift

turnerm12

Reaction score
Its Done!!

Thanks for responding. I had it done on wednesday and it looks so sick!! I went with the leveling kit an could clear 285/70/18. I took some picks I just have to load them up but i will get to it. I went with the Toyos, they were a lot cheaper and I liked the look of them better on the truck.

Hopefully i can post the picks after the Charger Game. GO CHARGERS!!!!!!

turnerm12

Reaction score
PICTURE

Here is a picture at night. Its not to hi res because it was taken with an iphone. They used a pro comp leveling kit and I had it all done at 4 wheel parts. Everything is great and I would go there if you have one close to you. I will get a better one hopefully before the week ends with a better camera. If you looking to do it, go for it. The truck with the leveling kit is perfect. Not to high and not to low. AND it still fits in the garage!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0774.jpg
    IMG_0774.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 147

Aquinosteven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That thing looks bad a55! Do they rub at all? What rear kit did u use to level in the rear? What comes with he pro comp kit?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just keys, it's a reboxed readylift kit that they label pro comp and sell for cheaper. I'd get some good shocks under the front if the stockers blow, I always recommend bilstein 5100s on the 1/2ton and 3/4ton trucks with the leveling kit. Truck looks good, get some better pics for us.

turnerm12

Reaction score
would take off the running boards too. Make it look a little taller. i love ur tahoe!

I was thinking about it. But I have seen some regular yukons/tahoes with them off and you can see the frame underneath. I dont want that at all i think its kind of a dirty look to the car. I would love to get some AMP research steps but thats like another $1200. haha add it to the long list of truck parts. I should say wish list. Also at full turn they do not rub. Sometimes at the weirdest angle on the drive way or an incline I will feel the slightest touch but other than that no problems. Also the back is stock I did not do anything to it the 33" tires fit without any mods.:D:D

Boostaholic
- I was going to get those exact shocks but I still have another 30,000 miles left before I need new ones. 4wp said its easier to do it all at once but i said well the price is easier without them :lol:

Ill have the good picks up soon. I gotta get the car in some sun to take those bad boys. And does anyone know if the frame will show a lot if I take the steps off? :confused2:(before I do all that work)

bigbear

Reaction score
Here is a picture at night. Its not to hi res because it was taken with an iphone. They used a pro comp leveling kit and I had it all done at 4 wheel parts. Everything is great and I would go there if you have one close to you. I will get a better one hopefully before the week ends with a better camera. If you looking to do it, go for it. The truck with the leveling kit is perfect. Not to high and not to low. AND it still fits in the garage!!!

I really like that! I have the same EXACT yukon! white 03.. i hate the way it sits now. I have a few questions. I have the autoride. i really dont want to do a body lift. the only place that will do a susp lift says 1200 labor. so how is the keys? is the ride still nice or is it rough?

Aquinosteven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive seen tahoes with the boards on and off. I think that they look better off. the frame doesnt show as much as a body lift but u may see just a little at the right angle

blue02hoe

Reaction score
here's my tahoe right after i did the keys with no steps. i took mine off right after i got it, it looked too "soccer mom", lol.
DSCI0297.jpg

jdixon74

Reaction score
Any more of these model tahoes with the lifts? I just picked me up a 2002 today and cant way to put the key lift on it. I have 285/65/18 addicts (black) sitting on trail grapplers ready to mount on. They were from my 1997 tahoe that was sideswiped last week :flame:

04Z71HOE

Reaction score
Any more of these model tahoes with the lifts? I just picked me up a 2002 today and cant way to put the key lift on it. I have 285/65/18 addicts (black) sitting on trail grapplers ready to mount on. They were from my 1997 tahoe that was sideswiped last week :flame:

RCD 6" lift sittin on 315

Attachments

• iiij.jpg
    iiij.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 16