Door panel removal..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to remove the door panels on the driver side? I need to get to where the armrest and panel meet inside because it creaks every time I go over chatter bumps. There are a number of panels and I don't want to mess up the door lock or anything else when pulling the panels off.....if anyone has taken the panels off and the order of which panel to take off first, that would be greatly appreciated. An assembly drawing would be even better!!! Thanks!

wedtwuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this will help but here are the instructions that came with my chrome door handles (which I have not installed yet).

1. Remove door upper trim panel (which looks lik the triangular plate that is attached to the inside of the drivers side door to cover the side mirror mounting bolts).

2. Remove the door window control switch (the switch that has the window switches, etc.). It looks like there is a fastener of some sort at the fron and the back

3. Remove the interior trim panel
a. Lower the window
b. Ensure that locking rod is in unlocked position
c. Use a flat balde screwdriver to disengage detent tab and then remove lock knob by pulling upward
d. When re-installing push lock know down until detent tab touches locking rod opening cover
e. Push detent tab in to lock knob to locking rod.

4. Remove the inside door handle

5. Remove the water deflector
a. Use a flat blade tool to separate the bond between the sealer and the door.
b. Use waterproof tape or 3m 777 sealant when re-installing if the water deflector is damaged. Also replace any trim panel retaining clips that you might break.

That's the end of the removal process. I owuld post pictures but they are not very clear on the original. Also, the various parts have numbers which are not defined in the instructions. Good luck.