WTT my 1988 Firebird Formula 350 Modified Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Formula

Reaction score
I am looking for a 4x4 yukon, tahoe, denali, or silverado preferable 2001+ but may take 1990 and newer if also modified. Pics and info can be found at www.fquick.com/Aaron.

This car is my daily driver, so I would need something I could daily drive. I live in Chico, Ca, so if someone wants to trade, they must be close enough to drive to.

I do have over 10k in receipts. 12k on new motor and 82k on the body.

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a 4x4 yukon, tahoe, denali, or silverado preferable 2001+ but may take 1990 and newer if also modified. Pics and info can be found at www.fquick.com/Aaron.

This car is my daily driver, so I would need something I could daily drive. I live in Chico, Ca, so if someone wants to trade, they must be close enough to drive to.

I do have over 10k in receipts. 12k on new motor and 82k on the body.

You do realize that's a 1988 Formula, right? The thing's only worth $2k... if you're lucky. I wouldn't even trade my '99 S-10 w/ 112k miles for that.

Formula

Reaction score
You do realize that's a 1988 Formula, right? The thing's only worth $2k... if you're lucky. I wouldn't even trade my '99 S-10 w/ 112k miles for that.

You sir are clueless. I decided to keep it anyway, too much money and time in it to get rid of her.

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You sir are clueless. I decided to keep it anyway, too much money and time in it to get rid of her.

What makes me clueless about your low/mid 200hp (stock) L98-powered 3400lb+ 3rd gen? The fact that I can do a blue book check... or that I know that regardless of how many receipts and dollars you have in it... it's still a 1988 Formula 350... ?

It's not a classic, rare, or anything else. It's an 80's model 'bird... other than late 70's... the worst gen ever... slowest too. (well, second... I think late 2nd Gen was slowest)

Now, if it was a 1989 TT/A... I could see it... 1988 Formula? HA!

With all those mods, what does it run... high 13's... low 14's? Both stock, my 6500lb Tahoe would give it a run for it's money.

Last edited:

Formula

Reaction score
What makes me clueless about your low/mid 200hp (stock) L98-powered 3400lb+ 3rd gen? The fact that I can do a blue book check... or that I know that regardless of how many receipts and dollars you have in it... it's still a 1988 Formula 350... ?

It's not a classic, rare, or anything else. It's an 80's model 'bird... other than late 70's... the worst gen ever... slowest too. (well, second... I think late 2nd Gen was slowest)

Now, if it was a 1989 TT/A... I could see it... 1988 Formula? HA!

With all those mods, what does it run... high 13's... low 14's? Both stock, my 6500lb Tahoe would give it a run for it's money.

Lets run them. Stock they run 14's... Mine is set up for high 12;s buddy and you are clueless. Since when is a Formula a Camaro? I even said in the title... 1988 Firebird Formula 350... Dumbass. Learn your **** before you talk. And besides... Did I ask for comments? No, I asked for a trade, so piss off. :thumbsup:

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets run them. Stock they run 14's... Mine is set up for high 12;s buddy and you are clueless. Since when is a Formula a Camaro? I even said in the title... 1988 Firebird Formula 350... Dumbass. Learn your **** before you talk. And besides... Did I ask for comments? No, I asked for a trade, so piss off. :thumbsup:

That's funny... since the 1993 Formula (LT1.. much better...~50HP more than L98) was high-14's... the GTA was a high-15 / Low-16 car... with ~15 less HP and ~25 less ft/lb... in the LB9. Hell, even the '88 Vette posted high-14's...

Pretty sure I know quite a bit about the F-body. I owned one for quite a long time... was in many F-body clubs as well as online forums. My friend had an '86 Z28... been around the F-body for quite some time.
Camarowithtopsoff.jpg

But, hey... I'm the idiot... and you posted a Firebird in a Tahoe forum.... thinking someone wanted to trade a 2001+ $15k+ SUV for a 1988 turd... (IN THE WRONG SECTION, EVEN) good call. :thumbsup:

P.S. I fixed my mistake... the 1988 'bird and 'maro were the same turd, different body....

Last edited:

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way... $10k in receipts and you're only in the 12's? :eek2:

I could take a 14 second car and put it into mid 13's for about $1k. As a matter of fact... a buddy of mine had a 95 Z28 (like mine) with heads, cam, intake, exhaust and ran a 12.94... that's only a few grand.... it took you $10k on WHAT?

LOL... for $10k.. you should be pushing over 500hp, easy... 500HP in a 3400lb car does not equal 12's... even with crappy 2.73 gears!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.