Need help, do I need spacers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

troyschultzvegas

Reaction score
recently bought some used 23" wheels, bought 3 new tires before I put them on, they are balanced.... The fourth tire is nearly new but has "fix it flat" in it.... the front end of the Tahoe wobbles like crazy after 60 mph.. the tire with fix it flat is in the back... could it be possible that the front end needs spacers, because it seems like the lug nuts are all the way tightened, but there still might be more thread...

anyway.. how often have people needed spacers in the front with aftermarket rims? Its 4wd also if that matters

thanks for any help in advance

justplainjoe

Reaction score
I've got an 03 LT 4x4 that just did the same thing. I was at a lower speed though. I have 275/55R20s on it, I recently rotated the tires on it and got the wobble. I had all the tires rebalanced and lubed the front suspension and steering components, no help. I put the tires back to original position and the wobble went away. I will end up putting a new set of good tires on it soon. Right now I have a set of TirePros on it. I'll probally get some Goodyears or Generals. Hope that helps.

troyschultzvegas

Reaction score
Hmmmm... and you didn't need spacers for your 20's at all then right? The reason I think I might need spacers is because the first set of lug nuts were fully tightened, and the front wheels were EXTREMELY loose, as in there was obviously something wrong.. So I used different locking lug nuts that had alot more thread to them, that would go one alot further... so yeah I dunno lol ...

thanks for the input though I appreciate it

justplainjoe

Reaction score
I've had my 20s on for approx 2.5 years now. When they were installed there were cirlce clips holding on the rotors. Those had to be cut off so the wheels could mount up flush with the rotor. For lugs I'm using Splines cause the bosses in the wheels are tight for the 6 point lug nut.

troyschultzvegas

Reaction score
that's alot of help, maybe that's my problem, It's not flush, so its wobbling.. I'm going to check for clips... You just took them off and didn't need them or is there something else you need to do if you take off the clips? I'm going to check that out.. . thanks alot man.

troyschultzvegas

Reaction score
Got the wheels re-balanced again. along with the fourth wheel wich wasn't balanced the 1st time. It got better... Now I think the only vibration is just from the fix it flat that's in one of the tires..

Next tuesday my friend who works at Tires Plus is going to take that out and plug the tire where it leaks... hopefully after that everything will be fine.

troyschultzvegas

Reaction score
I fixed the problem. I went to Tires Plus last night, my friend is the manager there. .. the fourth tire that wobbled wasn't balanced as discount tire said... the "high point" of the tire was on the wrong spot of the rim, rotated it 180*. ... washed the fix it flat out.. re-balanced it... now everything works fine...

thanks for everyone's help on here