2008 Denali (Yukon) OEM nav install issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tlwalker

Reaction score
I'm having problems with my OEM nav install. The GPS shows a red line through the GPS (icon), and I get no (audio) voice recongintion or (audio) turn by turn voice prompts. (Voice prompting is turned on). The Navation (GPS) unit apprears to be tracking fine and shows correct (current) location. You can input an address and it will display turn by turn directions but no audio. I have inserted the the wires from the ONSTAR to the radio connector (Pins 4 (red) and 5 (black) to the radio and have installed the VSS wiring harness (Brown connector) )between the radio and VCIM (Green and white wire).

Any help would be appreciated. (I'm new to this type of stuff).

ryanjmsc

Reaction score
I'm having problems with my OEM nav install. The GPS shows a red line through the GPS (icon), and I get no (audio) voice recongintion or (audio) turn by turn voice prompts. (Voice prompting is turned on). The Navation (GPS) unit apprears to be tracking fine and shows correct (current) location. You can input an address and it will display turn by turn directions but no audio. I have inserted the the wires from the ONSTAR to the radio connector (Pins 4 (red) and 5 (black) to the radio and have installed the VSS wiring harness (Brown connector) )between the radio and VCIM (Green and white wire).

Any help would be appreciated. (I'm new to this type of stuff).
I am having the same exact problem you ran into. Did you ever figure anything out? I have two extra wires (black and Red) coming out of the brown plug on the back of the nav which also houses the VSS wire. I believe these two wires connect to the bose amp. Plug X211 pin c11=red and pin c10=black.

tlwalker

Reaction score
Yes, I finally figured it out. The Red wire (should be pin#8 in brown connector, and the black wire should be pin#16). These (2) wires are for the amplifer audio prompt signals (+ and -). Connect these two wires to the Audio Amplifer (located under the console between the two fronts seats). The red wire from the radio (pin#8) to amplifer pin#5 (gry wire), black wire from radio (pin#16) to Amplifer pin#13 (PPL wire). The circuits number are #5836 and #5837 (Amplifer Audio prompts singals). I had to use a wiring diagram for a 2008 Hummer(H2) to figure it out. Help this helps.
Thanks,
tlwalker