Please Help Need To Add Aux Input!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SASCRAGGS

Reaction score
Hello guys hope you allhad a great Holiday. I am in desperate need of some informatom. I need to add RCA style inputs to my factory Yukon 07 bose radio w/rear ent. I pulled the radio out today and found no red and white inputs. I thought the aux input was more than just the stereo hedphone input onfront of radio. I notice that there was a multiple pin input on the back of the radio not being used. what is this for can I buy a plug and play rca input.I have an Ipod and a Drive and play unit from my truck I want to hook it up through rca on the aux button is this possible please help mabye an aftermarket model such as PAC or someone elese makes this please help I want to do this right I sure you guys can appriceate that.

Sascraggs

calford

Reaction score
I would recommend the "Peripheral Electronics ISGM74 iPod Integration for Select GM Vehicles". I picked one up for the tahoe I just bought to tie me over until the new round of products are announced at CES. It gives you a aux input plus full control and charging of your ipod with a dedicated dock connector. You can use the factory radio and steering wheel controls to navigate playlists, artist, etc. Its plug and play and pretty easy to install.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
......I need to add RCA style inputs to my factory Yukon 07 bose radio w/rear ent......

I'm going to ask an obvious question: Why don't you get a stereo mini jack to L/R RCA connetors...or stereo mini jack to iPod connector?? Also...the radio is not part of the Bose system, and is not made by them.

An RF modulator is an easy, but crappy way to get your program signal into your radio. Try to stick with the Aux. (line) Input method.

calford

Reaction score
how hard is that Peripheral Electronics ISGM74 iPod Integration to install where do those cables go connected? i also found this http://www.quadratec.com/products/96080_94.htm its cheaper says its for a jeep but cant be much harder to install other then to find the fuses

What you found is a universal part, an RF modulator that goes in line with the antenna. Better then a basic RF modulator but still a crappy choice like what the last guy said. The thing I was was talking about gives you surprisingly good Ipod control through the factory radio, as well as charging the Ipod. Not hard to install as long as you have a plastic pry tool to take off the trim around the radio. From there it is 8 screws and some plugs.

mow10s

Reaction score
I too bought and installed the Peripheral device and it works great. Easy to install (just had to take my time to push the wires back) and it gives you two additional inputs; one RCA and another mini din connector as well as does a pretty good job managing the IPOD. There was over 10 feet of cable so locating the IPOD has lots of options. I bought it at Best Buy for 150 so it is one of the lesser expensive hard wired options; plus you can resell the other cable bundle that is comes with for older radios. (maybe recoop some $$)