Lowered - Now Having ABS, TCS, Stabilitrak Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skully29

Reaction score
I've searched the forum, and others, for an answer but I can't seem to find one. Today I got a Ground Force lowering kit installed and aligned on my 07 Tahoe (2wd non-autoride). Now my DIC is telling me to service my Stabilitrak and TCS. Also, my ABS light is on. The DIC readings were there right when I picked up my truck - the guy said that it was already on when I dropped it off...but that's bs...he just doesn't know how to fix it.

I tried rocking my steering wheel back and forth from 9' to 3' - as per the dealer manual, but no luck. I also shut the car off for 15 seconds (and more) to reset the system, but still no luck. And the TCS button wasn't accidentally pressed, because I tried that too.

Does anyone know what I can do or what happened? Is there a sensor that they messed up or does the system just need to be reset a different way?

I heard several stories of wheels locking up due to a stabilitrak malfunction. I do a lot of freeway driving and I don't wanna end up on top of a SmartCar :eek2:

Any info would be great and much appreciated!!!

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The people who installed that kit for you broke something for sure, it could be ABS sensor lines or any of the componets around the wheel/tires!

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its not uncommon for that to happen after you have modified the suspension. Its not too bad when just the stabiltrak light is on. If you have both the ABS and stabiltrak light on it sound like its dealer time. hopefully you are still covered under warranty. good luck!

Nixonride

Reaction score
I would go to the dealer or a local auto parts store and have them retrieve the codes and see what they say....have them clear the codes and see if and or how long it takes for them to come back on...They perhaps unhooked the stabilitrac clip or accidently hit it loose....could be a number of things but reading the codes should give you a pretty good idea.

Skully29

Reaction score
fixed

thanks for the replies!!

I went back to the shop and had them pull and clear the codes. It's been about a week and the codes haven't come back on.

1stimeyukon

Reaction score
i was going to say that if you hadnt fixed it its more then likely a broken wire on one of your rear wheels on the inside. i was installing snow chains a few weeks ago for the first time and didnt secure the excess chain down and it ripped that wire and i had all the corrosponding lights and as soon as i spliced them back together voila the lights went away