Water leaking inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

igoturbia

Reaction score
:nonod: I have a 02 Z71 Tahoe and i love it . Only problem im having is when it rains my drivers side floor board gets soaked.. Ive had the wind sheild resealed and it still leaks. Does anyone have this problem? Could it be comming from the OnStar Antennna or Luggage rack? PLEASE HELP .. cause it wont stop raining around here

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Check the weatherstripping along the body that seals against the door. I had a leak in mine also on the same side and found the seal not sitting completely flush. It was very minor and very hard to notice, but it never leaked again afterwards. Also, check and make sure the rubber grommets on the floorboard underneath the carpet are still in tact. If they are missing, deteriorated, or not seated properly for some reason, water can get in from driving around on wet roads. Hope this helps.

TimCinNWOR

Reaction score
Got leaks?

If you get a dry day and can get the floor dried out, run a hose around the windshield. If the floor stays dry, run the hose on the other possible leaky places one by one until you find the culprit. It's also possible that the leak is in air vent, the floor or the lower firewall.

Mark T

Reaction score
I recently had the same problem on my 2004 Tahoe. I found that it started sometime after I had the windshield replaced. What I found was there is a plastic cover on the passenger side of the cowl that it's seal was broken. It appears to me that the problem occurred when the windshield was replaced. They probably wer leaning on it when they put replaced the windshield. This plastic cover is a fairly lightweight cover that is sealed down with 6 plastic clips and what appears to be a rubber seal with two way tape.

I pried it up as much as possible and resealed it down wirg some outdor silicone caulk. I then put an uniform bead all of the way around the cover. This fixed my leak.

To get to this cover, you need to remove the wiper arms, the two end cover pieces that just snap on, and then the cowl cover. I left the washer hose attached and just moved the right side of the cover forward to give me the room to do the work.