Engine Governing on 07 Yukons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3rdeye

Reaction score
Just bought a new 07 SLT Yukon and "opened" it up on the road for the first time last week. During my late night ride I notice that damn thing has a governing on the engine and it wont let me go past 100 mph is this standard on all 07 Yukons? If so, how can I get it removed? I didnt pay $50k to have my ride regulated! The dealer tried to tell me it was a federal mandate is that true and why arent the Denalis regulated? Please chime in and let me know if I been hoodwinked. Thanks

3rdeye

rod456

Reaction score
Think it has to do with the speed rating of your tires and can be changed with an OBD programmer.

Don't think I would want to go over 100 MPH in an SUV anyway.

3rdeye

Reaction score
I appreciate the feedback, not sure what an ODB programmer is....can u give me more detail on how I can rid of it, anyone? Dont plan on driving over 100 mph either in the suv, just dont like the fact its on there. I feel like Im back in my 94 ranger that wouldnt go over 85...lol Thanks in advance,

3rdeye

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, Denali's are regulated; at least mine seems to be.

My '07's throttle pulses/oscillates @ around 109. It wants to go way faster, and so did I at the time, but I'm a little paranoid about trying it now... :crazy:

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope this guy isn't driving anywhere near me... :eek:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope this guy isn't driving anywhere near me... :eek:

Point taken. I only did it once, on a wide-open 4-lane road. Probably won't do it again unless I put in some performance mods... I mean, you gotta test things out, right? :thumbsup:

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI: Since there is a "torque management" system on these trucks, you won't necessarily feel any off-the-line change when modding.

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, wasn't meaning to get on anyone's case, just saying I wouldn't want to see anyone in a Tahoe (or any truck or SUV for that matter) going 100+ near me. I don't care if you're Mario Andretti, going that fast in a vehicle not intended for those speeds is dangerous, especially to innocent bystanders. I'm not trying to preach at all, cause I've done some super-legal speeding in my past vehicles...I can vouch for the 155mph cutoff in my GTO, but that was on a desert highway and in a car that was solid as a rock... :thumbsup: Still was stupid, but just had to do it once... :D