All Coils or Spindles/Coils????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2007tahoe

Reaction score
:confused2:I had posted here beofre looking to see what I should do. I am still trying to figure out what is best. I see pictures of Tahoe's with a 2/3 drop with coils and it looks great. Same with the Spindle/coil. What will give you the factory suspension feel? if I go with the spindles up front what rear coils should I go with, Eibach, Pedders, DJM, Springtech, etc....? Any Ideas or thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks. Pics also would be great.

LaredoTexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all coils will make your ride really bad.. go with spindle and coils on the back.. no specific brand.. for me

Attachments

• Picture 122.jpg
    Picture 122.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 30

2007tahoe

Reaction score
all coils will make your ride really bad.. go with spindle and coils on the back.. no specific brand.. for me

I have read some posts online saying if you lower the rear you have to reposition the rear sway bar. You also have to make adjustment for the driveshaft, did you have to do that with yours? What rear coils are you using?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've put coils/coils on two trucks and they both ride awesome, think they were both ground force 2/3 kits but here is my boy's tahoe

IMG00491.jpg

With 24" slides (rear sitting 1/2" lower due to his stock wheels/tires in back)

IMG00505.jpg

kmg3773

Reaction score
I am in the same boat as you. I am about to order the mcgaughy 2/3 kit with spindles and coils. I havent read anywhere that you have to re locate anything.

2007tahoe

Reaction score
I've put coils/coils on two trucks and they both ride awesome, think they were both ground force 2/3 kits but here is my boy's tahoe

IMG00491.jpg

With 24" slides (rear sitting 1/2" lower due to his stock wheels/tires in back)

IMG00505.jpg

What kit does he have on his Tahoe? Coil/coil?

NASTY GM

Reaction score
I went from the Ground Force kit (coils) to a Bell Tech set up (spindles and cut coil in the front, 4" coils in the rear). I didn't do it for ride quality, just to get my ride lower. The front rides much nicer with the spindles. Now my rear is so low that I'm about 1" from the (modified) bump stop. So when I hit a bump I bounce on the stop. As far as the swaybar and drive shaft I didn't mess with either one. Anyways I think you would be happier with the spindles.

Nixonride

Reaction score
BellTech makes great kits and their spindle kit doesn't effect turning radius...McGaughy also makes a great kit those would be my top to choices....you shouldn't have to do anything besides get an alignment done after installing a drop kit unless you are totally slamming it....2/3 kits look great and keep as much of the factory ride as possible if you go lower in the back you should trim your bump stops so that you don't get that bouncing effect.

2007tahoe

Reaction score
BellTech makes great kits and their spindle kit doesn't effect turning radius...McGaughy also makes a great kit those would be my top to choices....you shouldn't have to do anything besides get an alignment done after installing a drop kit unless you are totally slamming it....2/3 kits look great and keep as much of the factory ride as possible if you go lower in the back you should trim your bump stops so that you don't get that bouncing effect.

I appreciate it. I am going with a 2" drop in the front with Mcgaughy Spindles and I am going with 3" rear drop coils. I also heard that if you do spindles, you don't have to get an alignment. Is that true?

Nixonride

Reaction score
any time you mess with the suspension in the front you should do an alignment....the small amount you pay for it can pay off big time down the road.

preston

Reaction score
If you haven't already ordered the kit, look into the Spring Tech kit (spindles and coils). They sell them through ebay and they are quite a bit cheaper (less expensive) than Mcgaughys. I had both the Spring Tech and McGaughy's kits on my 'kon and prefer the Spring Tech. Easier to install and less expensive, and I thought the rear springs were too bouncy on the McGuaghy's kit.

Either way, you definitely want to go with Spindles/Coils, Coils/Coils get too bouncy on these vehicles.

And you WILL need to get an alignment after you install the kit as well. It will be close to specs, but close on alignments will still eat your tires up.