01 denali tune-up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ericnj75

Reaction score
I just bought a 01 denali with a 6.0 and 80,000 miles.I want to give it a tune-up where do i start.Nothing on this truck has been changed.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
What I do is replace plugs and wires. Replace all filters. Change the oil and trans. And clean the throttle body and add some fuel injection cleaner. 3M makes a great after fuel pump cleaning kit.

ericnj75

Reaction score
What brand of pluges and wires should i use and what kind of oil should i use.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
I would go with AC Delco. Same heat range and all. Wires, you can go to a napa or I have also had good luck with carquest.

Oil is your preference. I however am old school I suppose as I use 10w-30 motor oil year round

metro273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I do is replace plugs and wires. Replace all filters. Change the oil and trans. And clean the throttle body and add some fuel injection cleaner. 3M makes a great after fuel pump cleaning kit.
This is where I would start too.

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
um. distributor engines dont have coils. but you replace cap and rotor whenever they show signs of wear. and coils when they go bad.

nwdub

Reaction score
how often do you like replacing plugs?

I like ngk iridium just because i can go 50k+ without replacing them (and I'm anal about plugs.. like 10k with copper)

and oil? if possible, amsoil signature series.

if not, some shell rotella t6 5-40w synthetic is my second favorite.