Speaker installation help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kaoz

Reaction score
Does anybody no how to change the side speakers on the chevy tahoe 04? the front and rear ones i tried taking the little metal thing it has covering it but it doesnt come out please help me thanks

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
You have to remove all four door panels completely to get to the speakers. You can start by pulling off the triangular trim to the mirror access in the upper front corners of the front doors. Pop off the window/lock switch panels and unplug the switches. Then unclip the trim around the interior door handles. Next, pull off the trim around the manual door lock switch. You will have a couple screws with a 7mm head, one behind manual lock switches and one under the front of the arm rest. You should now be able to pull UP, not out, on the door panels. The factory speakers will have a clip at the top that you will need to push down on to unclip. The new speakers will need to be screwed in with self tapping screws, as there are no mounting screws/holes for the factory speakers. Hope this helps. If you need more detail or help, let me know.

kaoz

Reaction score
You have to remove all four door panels completely to get to the speakers. You can start by pulling off the triangular trim to the mirror access in the upper front corners of the front doors. Pop off the window/lock switch panels and unplug the switches. Then unclip the trim around the interior door handles. Next, pull off the trim around the manual door lock switch. You will have a couple screws with a 7mm head, one behind manual lock switches and one under the front of the arm rest. You should now be able to pull UP, not out, on the door panels. The factory speakers will have a clip at the top that you will need to push down on to unclip. The new speakers will need to be screwed in with self tapping screws, as there are no mounting screws/holes for the factory speakers. Hope this helps. If you need more detail or help, let me know.

thanks i will try it once i get the speakers im going to go get them tomorrow i will let you know if i need some help thanks again you really helped:thumbsup:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Hey, no problem man. Always glad to help. Also, the rear doors may another screw at the bottom of the panel. And speaker sizes for both front and rear is standard 6 1/2".

RoliO

Reaction score
Hey, no problem man. Always glad to help. Also, the rear doors may another screw at the bottom of the panel. And speaker sizes for both front and rear is standard 6 1/2".

What are good replacement speakers? I also have an '04 with the Bose (sux) and 10" sub in the rear. I want to upgrade everything. I have amps, just need some good speakers. I have the factory DVD so I would like it to sound better.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
What are good replacement speakers? I also have an '04 with the Bose (sux) and 10" sub in the rear. I want to upgrade everything. I have amps, just need some good speakers. I have the factory DVD so I would like it to sound better.

There are a number of good speakers out there to choose from. Just depends on how much you want to spend. There's MB Quart, Infinty, Boston Acoustics, Focal, and Alpine just to name a few. I have Infinity Kappa components in the front doors and Kappa coaxs in the rears pushed by a 75x4 Alpine V12 amp and it sounds great. But I also have a Pioneer Premier head unit with time alignment set up and 6V preouts which make a huge difference in the sound quality as well. But just upgrading to a set of decent component speakers and a decent amp with a high S/N ratio and clean power will make a big difference compared even to the Bose OEM setup. If you don't want to add a sub enclosure in the rear, you can replace the sub in the factory location with a better aftermarket sub and a more powerful amp to bring in more low end and round out the sound better.

Last edited: