02 Chevy Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Willie Hill

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a question for anyone that owns a 02 tahoe and may have experienced the intermittnent problem that i am experiencing. Once in awhile i have noticied that when i come to a complete stop and begin to take off, the vehicle acts as if it doe not want to take off until given more gas. The vehicle acts as if my foot is on the brake and it is not, it also shifts a little bit hard from 1st to 2nd when this incident occurs and that is the only time it shifts hard. This is baffling because with out a code or the vehicle acting up when i take it to be checked nothing is found. Any suggestions or solutions from anyone. My email address is [email protected].

Thanks in advance,

feehar

Reaction score
My 04 does it when I am turning sometimes. They said it has a levelling sensor that shuts of gas when tilted to prevent rollover. Maybe you could have them check that sensor.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about that brother. I had a similar problem with my Maxima, I know it's not the same vehicle but they replaced the throttle body at the dealership and the problem stopped completely. In the Maxima, the throttle body has the Air Flow Sensor on it that was registering inaccurate amounts and causing problems in my acceleration and sometimes it just went into "safe mode" where it never went over 15 MPH. I don't know much about the 02 Yukon/Tahoe mechanics but my guess is that the sensor is acting up as well. Hope this helps. Hope you get it fixed too dude.

bonafyd

Reaction score
Hey i'm new here and i had the same problem.
The throttle body is dirty, can of intake/throttle body spary will clear that right up. i did it a year ago and my baby is fine.