Quick Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrish04

Reaction score
Alright awhile back we put two inch block in the back and cranked up the torsion bars in the front, but I am thinking about doing a 3in body lift just for looks and for my bigger tires, don't really need a suspension lift since it hardly ever goes off road. My question is how would i know how far to turn the torsion bars back down so they are back at factory specs, before we install the lift?

Thanks,
Chris

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty much until the CV's are flat or almost

Colabella7077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually it helps to count the amount of cranks per torsion bar for the front. If you notice the amount in inches you can key down the torsion bar until it is at stock ride height. Have someone key it down and you watch. The driver/owner knows better than a friend.

chrish04

Reaction score
I wasn't there when they raised them. So I might sound stupid but which was would I go to back them off?

chrish04

Reaction score
a shop in town said they would install the lift for 350 does that sound like a good price the other wanted 850

tahoeman960208

Full Access Member
Reaction score
350 for a body lift install probably isnt too bad. my buddy paid 500 for his suspension install. They put a body lift on an early 90s k1500 on Truck Universe today, you should check out their website and see if they show video clips of it. it should be at speedtv.com