Hooking up sub?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ATVkrazy05

Reaction score
Just got an 08' Tahoe today. How do you hook an amp to the nav system for a sub?

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll need a PAC AOEM-GM1416 adapter. There are cables that plug into the back of the radio, those cables will be plugged into the adapter, and the adapter will be plugged into the radio. The adapter provides 4 rca outs and a remote wire.

ATVkrazy05

Reaction score
Gambler, do you know if it will work with a gmx322? or and ipod connector? or both? Also is it plug and play?

Last edited:

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you'd need the add on A/V1600 interface cable to get the RCA outs from the gmx322. As far as the PAC adapter goes it is plug and play. I can't speak for the gmx322.

ATVkrazy05

Reaction score
Alright then, thanks for the info. Probably wont get the gmx322 anyway. One last question...Is the blackbear tune you have noticeable? and where is it noticeable?

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright then, thanks for the info. Probably wont get the gmx322 anyway. One last question...Is the blackbear tune you have noticeable? and where is it noticeable?

Absolutely. I posted this thread a while back. If you still have questions, let me know, it is probably best to ask it in that thread though.