Installation help for DVD Headrests/07' Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jhoeye

Reaction score
Hello! I just purchased the Rev02 headrests from Invision and was wondering if anyone had any general installation instructions or knew where I could find them. The seller of these headrests did not include any instructions and I would hate to have to pay someone to do it for me. Thanks to all for any information provided!

jhoeye

Reaction score
That is a great link! Thanks for posting it! Do you have any information/instructions about running my audio through my head unit? I have the nav screen and would like to play these through the speakers. Any help would be great!

Nixonride

Reaction score
Yeah you need to get the AV1600 plug from Coastaletech...same guys that make the lock pick....this will give you an a/v in and out....plugs right into the back of your nav system.

jhoeye

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Do these av's plug right into the box supplied with the headrests? Also, does this give me video on my nav screen? Thanks again!

jhoeye

Reaction score
Do you know where I can get that AV1600? I went to their website and there's no model numbers for anything?

jhoeye

Reaction score
Excellent! So this will take the audio from the DVD's in the headrests and play it through our factory speakers?

Nixonride

Reaction score
Yep....It will also alow what is being played on the headrests to be played on the front nav system....and if you get a lockpick you will be able to watch it while you drive....as well as input adresses on the nav and do what ever else it wont let you do while the vehicle is in motion.

jhoeye

Reaction score
I was under the impression that the Lockpick would not work if you did not have the nav with the rear flipdown set up? Is that incorrect?

Nixonride

Reaction score
Not true....it will work....I had it set up in my silverado that only had nav and it worked great....it will unlock nav features that are disabled while in motion....if your nav has a dvd player it will unlock that function as well. Now if you have headrest monitors that have their own dvd player you can get that A/V 1600 plug and allow the monitors to be your input on the head unit and watch the movies up front as well.

Nixonride

Reaction score
Well that depends on which one your get...I believe the new GMX322 or what ever has audio and video inputs...if that is the case then no you will not need the A/V 1600. I go the A/V 1600 so that I could use the stock DVD player in my Esky for the headrests...but since yours is only a Nav unit you should be fine with just the lock pick.

jhoeye

Reaction score
Getting Audio through factory speakers

Hey there. I purchased the AV1600 Interface cable from Coasteltech, however, I have one question. The box that my DVD headrests hook up to does not have any AV Inputs/outputs? How do I hook this box/heardrests up to the AV1600 Interface cable?

Nixonride

Reaction score
I am not sure on that one....do the headrests have dvd players in them?

jhoeye

Reaction score
Yeah, the headrests have DVD players built right into them. Then they have two wires running from each headrest to this box. The box then only has a connection for the power/ground wires, a connection for the RF Modulator antenna, and the connections for the headrests wires... No Aux/red/white/yellow, nothing...?

Nixonride

Reaction score
hmmm....perhaps they don't have A/V out. I would call the manufacture and see if there is something you are missing....do they have A/V outs off the front of the monitors? I know a few of them have those but I would figure they would all have them on the box somewhere. Did you buy the monitors new or used?

jhoeye

Reaction score
I bought them new off ebay. They do have a/v inputs on the front. I'll call invision and see what I can find out. I'll post once I have anything. Thanks for the info!

jhoeye

Reaction score
I just called Invision, they are telling me there is no way to hook these up to the factory speakers, you can only use the FM Transmitter, which sucks b/c I just bought that A/V 1600. I'm going to take it to a local Mobile Audio/Video store and see what they say. More to come.

Nixonride

Reaction score
No problem...sorry that really sucks...I mean not all that bad the monitors will still work you just can't watch it on your Nav screen. You should be able to send back the A/V1600 plug adapter or if they haven't shipped it cancel your order...or you could always post it up here or on ebay and sell it that way.