07 Tahoe Front Leveling Kit and Towing Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hulz07Tahoe

Reaction score
Will installing a front end leveling kit (1-2" increase) impact my towing capability or performance in my 2007 LT Tahoe? I'd like to keep my factory 20" rims and just put on some meatier tires.

Hulz07Tahoe

Reaction score
..what about drive shaft angle

...Also, will installing the leveling kit impact the drive shaft angle? I had a block lift kit (under leaf springs) in my 89' full size blazer and it initially blew threw 2 rear ends and countless u-joints. Would I expect the same thing down the road with a my Tahoe and either a 1-2" Front Leveling Kit or a 2.5" front and 1" rear kit?

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 2.5" front and 1" rear set-up on my tahoe and tow all the time...40k miles and no issues...tows fine the only performance impact would be from larger tires...I run 305/55-20's on mine and really do not notice them...but I do have air intake/exhaust/programming done to it.

Hulz07Tahoe

Reaction score
What about the rear end sagging when towing? Did raising the front end cause the rear end to sag when you hook whatever your towing up to your truck?

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the reason I added the 1" rear spring spacer...depending on the trailer weight its going to sag...the only way to prevent that would be a set of airbags.

Hulz07Tahoe

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't mind the sagging, I just don't want the rear-end to sag lower than the front when I'm driving/towing. So then the rear spacers would prevent that. Thanks!

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They will help to an extent...of course the heavier the load the more the sag...if you have self-leveling rear suspension then your set if not you may want to consider a 1.5" spacer out back if you do a 2.5" up front. Mine sits with the rear about 1" higher than the front with my 2-place enclosed snowmobile trailer loaded it does not sag much at all...as soon as I hitch up my 25ft. 4-place enclosed snowmobile trailer it sags so the rear is lower than the front...nothing huge, but noticeable.