(torsion keys) need help bad!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

minitruckinyukon

Reaction score
I'm trying to put Ford torsion keys in and i need help. I've got the key in the pocket and the torsion bar in the key but i can't get either a ball joint press or a 7-ton gear puller to preload the key enough to get the threaded insert back into the hole in the frame. I've even used my impact gun but i can't get it to go any further. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
Have you tried adjusting your bearing puller. On mine, I had 3 points of adjustments.

minitruckinyukon

Reaction score
Yeah. I tried a couple different positions on the puller but that didn't help. It's seems like the key is binding up. I tried both new keys and neither of them will work right.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
The divets where the torsion key bolt as well as the head of the gear puller should be facing you.

minitruckinyukon

Reaction score
Yeah. They are installed correctly. The gear puller will get them preloaded just shy of being able to get the bolt holder in. Maybe i should try greasing the threads on the puller. That's the only thing i can think of.

blue02hoe

Reaction score
where are you located? when i bought my lift keys i went ahead and bought the tool too.