2WD lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blk2k6gun

Reaction score
I've always liked the look of the newer Tahoes/Yukons lifted, but my Tahoe is only 2WD. Someone told me that some companies make 2WD lift kits for the 07-08 Tahoe's. Is that true and would it be dumb for me to lift a 2WD vehicle? The only benefit I can think of is for looks...thanks...

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont think its dumb, but obviously the reason for a lift kit is to get better ground clearance for off-road use.

but if you just want it to look good and have the money to spend then i say go for it

as for the special 2x4 lift kits i dont know...

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lifts dont give you better overall ground clearance...larger tires do....lifts give you the ability to get larger tires...anyway just being picky

i have a 2wd z71 and i plan on doing the leveling kit soon

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a leveling kit it does not matter. The leveling kits typically use a strut spacer up front and coil spacer for the rear springs. It does give more clearance.

Always wondered why they made a 2wd Z71 model. I like all lift trucks 2 or 4wd :).