bought it lifted now i want it lower!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jorgegsxr

Reaction score
hey guys i need some help here i bought a 99 2door 4wd tahoe but it is lifted to much for my needs now it looks nice and all but now i have a baby and jumping up and down is not fun any more so my question is what do i need to bring it back to the stock height ????

i bought it lifted so i dont really now what takes to lift or lower it i know it has a 6" lft with springs and a huge 6" block underneath the leaf springs.

KarenCaren

Reaction score
hmmm... Just buy the stock or equivalent parts of the suspension and replace the lift with it. Or simply removed to lift to get the normal height.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it to a suspension shop and have the lift removed. At the very least, it sounds like you will need to purchase OEM front and rear shocks, and may also need to adjust/replace the front torsion keys. The 99 model uses torsion bars up front versus 07+ IFS. Also check if there is a body lift, you may want to remove it. After the lift is removed, you should have the alignment checked.

Also try the appropriate section in this forum.

Good luck.