Newbie to Audio mods with a ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just looking to replace the speakers in my truck. i have a 95 2 door tahoe.
i would just like to know what yall reccomend for me. not looking for anything crazy, just a step above the factory speakers.
im not looking to change the headunit, or add amps, or subs. i simply want better speakers.

what dimensional size, brandname, power, etc. thanks!

Doggworld1233

Reaction score
the problem with this question is that there are many speakers out there that are great factory replacements... if it was my truck i would look into the alpine type s or pioneer or on the cheap side but you would have to fine online powerbass L. the size of speakers for that truck is a shallow 6.75 ,6.75 , and a 4x10 in the rear... i am selling a kit to convert your factory 4x10 to anything you want(6.5,5.25,6x9,ect)

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no shallow 6.75s in the 2 doors. the shallows are the rear door speakers, which 2-doors dont have. 6.75s in the front and a 4x10 in the rear. (the pod from 4x10 to anything is amazing. i have em. :D)

Doggworld1233

Reaction score
metra says that the 2door has 6 speakers like the 4 door...... 6.5 in ft , 1 tweeter in ft. rear 6.5 and a rear 4x10.......

mross

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have always went with crutchfield,i just go one there site and click what fits my car,and they have lots of choices,plus when you order they give you instructions on installation if you need it

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the metra book lied to you bro. theres no rear speakers other than the 4x10s. thats also why the 4doors have an amp and the 2 doors dont. woo hoo i finally taught my teacher something. :D

Backon4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the kicker ds650 or ds650.2 for the front doors and the ks4100 for the back. Best bang for the buck in my opinion.

Doggworld1233

Reaction score
yea yea tyler... i guess you got me... i think i am going to call metra n tell them that there are no rear 6.5 in the 2door hoe....

the 4x10 are not worth the money... you can get my pods for $55 plus shipping and a set of 5.25 and have way more sound then any 4x10 for about the same money..

mrbigles

Reaction score
In the sticky in this section, it says the rear doors are 6.5.

Now, TGB says there are 6.75's.... so... do you mean shallow 6.75's will fit or can you only put 6.5's in the rears?

I was thinking of popping off the grilles this weekend and replacing them and I don't want to waste $100 doing it. (not planning on spending that much, but, you get the idea.)

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the sticky in this section, it says the rear doors are 6.5.

Now, TGB says there are 6.75's.... so... do you mean shallow 6.75's will fit or can you only put 6.5's in the rears?

I was thinking of popping off the grilles this weekend and replacing them and I don't want to waste $100 doing it. (not planning on spending that much, but, you get the idea.)

Factory GM used an oversized 6.5, or 6.75, technically. BUT, shallows are necessary in order to fit in the door on the rear door speakers. 6.5" shallows fit fine. its what i have in mine.

mrbigles

Reaction score
Alright.. cool.

I was already under the idea that the depth had to be 2 1/4" or less for both front and rear doors. Just wanted to get the most bang for my buck.

Thanks!

newmarketEOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The infiniti reference line is a nice entry level speaker. I have the 6.5s in my Hoe. Love them.