The hoe is now on 20's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000tahoe

Reaction score
Well after buying the tahoe a few weeks ago i noticed it had mismatched sizes for tires,265/70/16 on back and 265/75/16 on front,plus really didnt like the look with the flares with the 16's so tucked in.so set out to find something else.i found a set of boss motorsports 301 black centers polished outsides in 20x8.5 +14 offset and pirelli scorpion atr 275/55/20 for $500.Like brand new.i cant believe how much better it looks,i wish the back was out just a hair more but overall much better.Ill post pics this afternoon.And it feels like it rides even better now.

Attachments

• IMG_4255.JPG
    IMG_4255.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4253.JPG
    IMG_4253.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

2000tahoe

Reaction score
i know i know,i brought my camera to work at lunch ill take some and post them.Now my other question is i want to keep the same ride but lower it maybe an inch or so by the summer.Whats my options.rear coils,spindles,lower torsion bars etc...???????

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eibach as well as many others makes a simple torsion keys for front and 3" lower springs in rear, then all you need is shock relocators. Pretty straight forward install, helps appearance dramatically, like new wheels :D

BlackRain

Reaction score
Just bought my Yukon several days ago and noticed mismatched tires on mine. I did some research and found that the Scorpion ATR's are a very good tire.

How do you like the tires? I am planning on getting a set for the wifes Rav4 and a set for the Yukon.

2000tahoe

Reaction score
So far so good,but i did have pirellis previously on a 2004 f 150 on factory 20's and on cold mornings below 20 degrees they would have flat spots till they heated up,but this set is fine totally smooth.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Looks good:thumbsup: If you plan on dropping it only an inch or so, you should have enough adjustment left in the factory keys to drop the front about an inch and then just order a set of shorter springs for the rear.

2000tahoe

Reaction score
Looks good:thumbsup: If you plan on dropping it only an inch or so, you should have enough adjustment left in the factory keys to drop the front about an inch and then just order a set of shorter springs for the rear.

thanks jk even the wife likes it and for her to like it is a miracle.;)yeah i was thinking about an inch maybe ill do that shorter springs and adjust front.