04 denali autoride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hallass66

Reaction score
On the 04 denali are the threaded links for the autoride the same size in the front as in the back?thanks

stockergt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you mean same thread size yes, if you mean length no they are not. The rear are shorter then the front. You can put the rears up front and use a piece of threaded bar for the rear if you are trying to lower it.

hallass66

Reaction score
i was hoping they were the same length.I was trying to use the rears in the front and its not working.I have the belltech kit and replaced the rear with the belltech links they supplied.I misplaced the fronts and in trying to use the rears in the front.The trucks autoride lifts the truck right back where it was stock.I have the 3" rear springs and the keys in the front.With all the links disconnected the truck looks good.When i put the links back in the truck raises back up.Anyone know whats happening?Thanks

stockergt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your front links are to long. You can cut them down and as long as there are still some thread left you should be fine. I actually had to epoxy my rear ones into place because I took them on and off so many times. A piece of threaded bar will work fine just cut it down to the size you want.

stockergt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That all depends on the look and ride that you want. If I recall correctly the front ones are about 5 in. and the rear are like 3 in. long. But again it up to your preference, I did the belltech spindles in the front and the springs in the rear. I wanted a little lower so I cranked the torsion bars down and then shortened the heck out of the rear links. So instead of the 2-3 its more of a 3-5 drop. I love the look and the ride still isn't so bad.

hallass66

Reaction score
I really appreciate all your help.I am putting on the belltech 2" lowering spindles.How long are your front links now?Are they still stock or did you have to cut them.Thanks again

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to adjust them a few times, I ended up using threaded rod for the rears and adjusted them about 6 times to get the height perfect (anytime I add 150+lbs the shocks fill to compensate). I think the instructions for the kit tells you to swap the rear links to the front, rear is more difficult because it tells the truck where to kick on the compressor and since every coil spring is different as well as the vehicle they're going on (added weight from stereo, rear seats, etc) there isn't a defined length that the sensors should be set to. Unfortunately there are too many variables so there will be a bit of trial and error involved. Mine sat way fvckin high right after the drop, pain in the ass to adjust the sensors but I'd just sack up and build some rear sensor links for it right off the bat. I can check the diameter of the links with a caliper if you like, I forgot the size but I just ordered a length of threaded rod from napa and cut some new ones slightly shorter than the links they send with the belltech kit. Installed the new links and adjusted them once or twice before the truck sat perfect. I also used a 38x1550x20 toyo mounted on a 20x12 we had at my shop to simulate the weight, certainly made the process faster and easier so I could jack the truck up quick and adjust the sensors again with the truck under *load*. I have never adjusted the front sensors, just swapped the rears to the front when I did the kit the rear is where you'll have issues.

hallass66

Reaction score
Ok i know what to do now.Thanks again for your help.Ill post a pic when i can.

hallass66

Reaction score
Green with the black wheels alot of pepole dont like.I like it for the stealth look.

Attachments

• IMG_0173.jpg
    IMG_0173.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 26

hallass66

Reaction score
I couldnt get the alignment right so i had to crank the front up a little.Im putting spindles on next week.Do you think i should leave the keys in or put the stock keys back in when i change the spindles?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leave the keys and crank them up almost all the way with the spindles, it will ride much better I have 3/4 ton keys cranked and it rides much better with about 2" drop then with the keys barely cranked with 3.5" of drop. I can't wait to get the spindles and 5" springs.