how and what do i need to lower a lifted hoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jorgegsxr

Reaction score
hey guys i need some help here i bought a 99 2door 4wd tahoe but it is lifted to much for my needs now it looks nice and all but now i have a baby and jumping up and down is not fun any more so my question is what do i need to bring it back to the stock height ????

i bought it lifted so i dont really now what takes to lift or lower it i know it has a 6" lft with springs and a huge 6" block underneath the leaf springs.

BlackRain

Reaction score
A 6" inch lift is going to have some extensive aftermarket parts that were installed. I would suggest going to an off road shop and get a quote to remove the lift. On top of that you will need stock height springs in the front, the rear should just be the removal of the lift block. You will also need the stock height shocks.

That would be a very general idea. Different manufacturers use different components, some more than others. The shop should know what the brand is and go from there.

reeseZ

Reaction score
when u do i would like to buy the lift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bowtiefreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For an older tahoe....may be more cost effective to buy another tahoe.

96fleetwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your best bet is to find someone local with a stock Tahoe/Yukon who wants to lift theirs.

Try the different full size forums and go from there... maybe you can offer they meet you at the shop of their choosing and pay the labor fees and do a direct swap of the suspension.

Goodluck!