Questions on replacing 07 tahoe radio with cd/dvd and overhead player?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

revdlr

Reaction score
I have a 2007 tahoe lt and it has a cd player and i have bought from someone who had a 2007 tahoe there cd/dvd oem radio and also the overhead dvd player. This person took out and had a nav system put in so i bought there player and dvd overhead. Question : Should this be compatible with my tahoe and i assume i will need a wiring harness to go from overhead dvd player to new radio? My tahoe has just the normal dome light and moon roof? And where can i get a wiring harness from for this? Thanks

Nixonride

Reaction score
Yes it should work once you get the vin lock un blocked....I would probably say get the harness from a GM dealer.

revdlr

Reaction score
Thanks!! What is a vin lock unblocked mean and does gm do that? Is that expensive? Do You think the harness will be expensive?

Nixonride

Reaction score
I am not sure how much the harness is. As for the vin unlock that will have to be done at the dealership. All dealers charge differently for doing this but I would say usually your looking at $50-75. While your there go the the parts dept. And see how much the harness is.