Need Opinion/Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt19hsc

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Non nav tahoe coming to me later this week.

I am very interested in installing a navigation solution: either the factory denso unit (ebay) or one of the kenwood units from crutchfield.

What way would you go? 5120 or 8120 from kenwood?

Denso OEM from Ebay? My dealer (a friend) is not exceptionally knowledgeable about the OEM nav purchase going the the bay. He says the models w/ the various part number other than the 159xxx may not work. Which model numbers will absolutely work?

Is the factory any better then the aftermarket or vice versa? What size screen does the OEM have?

Should warrant be a concern? Good warranty from Crutchfield.....questionable from ebay...

Sorry for the helter skelter post but need some advice.

Thanks in advance.

seabill42

Reaction score
same place

I have an 08 non nav non bose yukon and have been thus far unable to determine which gm nav radio will work. It appears that bose radio to bose vehicle is compatible with an adapter harness from jp customs. They appear to be gone and I have not found an equivalent.I have already got the kenwood unit as a fallback if oem cannot be made to work but I dont care for how it looks in the dash. So at this point I am digging around to find the jp harness info. any help will be welcome

Matt19hsc

Reaction score
well i rolled the dice a bought a navi off ebay with part #25846421......hope it works..............

Matt19hsc

Reaction score
the truck does have the bose system. It has the OEM 6 changer w/ the bose speakers.

Hopefully it will be able to be installed w/o too much trouble.