Onstar Microphone Location in 08 Hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ozarkgolfer

Reaction score
Where is the Onstar microphone located on an 08 Hybrid?
I have an 09 and 'other end' of my calls hear me best when I am talking towards the front glass. The mic (AFAIK) is in the grille right next to my sunroof switches adjacent to the front interior lights. My wife, son (from the back seat) and I had a good conversation with my Mum (she's in England) in the weekend via the Bluetooth connected to my Sprint phone.

I have had a couple of occasional issues with connectivity between the phone, a Motorola Q9, and the truck. However, switching off the phone and turning it back on works every time.

DownTownDru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 09 and 'other end' of my calls hear me best when I am talking towards the front glass. The mic (AFAIK) is in the grille right next to my sunroof switches adjacent to the front interior lights. My wife, son (from the back seat) and I had a good conversation with my Mum (she's in England) in the weekend via the Bluetooth connected to my Sprint phone.

I have had a couple of occasional issues with connectivity between the phone, a Motorola Q9, and the truck. However, switching off the phone and turning it back on works every time.

My GF has an 09 Malibu with BlueTooth and she was having similar connectivity issues. She took it in and they had a software update that fixed the problem, after dealership called in to GM tech support for direction.

ozarkgolfer

Reaction score
wow so your 2009 came with bluetooth? you dont have to use verizon/onstar
Yes it did. Some other features on the 09 changed. I'm still waiting on my NAV disk so I have to see the fully functional NAV that does not require the lockpic. I know I can't watch the DVD without the lockpick but I'm not bothered by that.

I've not even called the Onstar/Verizon line. I use an all-u-can-eat Sprint phone so I have no need for anything else I have to think about turning on or off when the free period expires.

volzalum

Reaction score
While I appreciate the 09 bluetooth discussion I was asking location for the 2008. So can anyone confirm that it is behind the "grill" opening on the overhead console to the right of the sunroof switches?

Thanks.

volzalum

Reaction score
I am going to try to place a bluetooth microphone close to it for the blue fusion kit. Hopefully the periphreal kit will come out soon that is supposed to interface with the onstar equipment without disabling it.

mow10s

Reaction score
Had a question about the Peripheral Comment. Where did you see that they are working on intergrating it with the built in mic? I have the harness and parrot kit from http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/Find/find.php and it has a seperatre mic and an intergrated one would rock. I do however have the peripheral IPOD harness and it works well so if they do create a new one it would probably work as good. Sorry for the rambling.

volzalum

Reaction score
They were demonstrating it at CES. There are a few videos on the internet that show it. I have not been able to find any other information on it though. It is a bluetooth add-on module for the harness.