hid help for a 01 hoe!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ka-lito

Reaction score
i have an 01 tahoe and i have a 9006 600k kit... now my problem is it should be plug and play .unplug the bult, plug into the ballant, put hid in headlight.. no biggie....but there isn't enough amp to ignite the ballant . it has a relay and 2 15a fuses for the left and right bults, i swap them for some 20a 25a 30a and they still don't ignite... is it the relay the don't let enough amp thru or what....can any1 help me before.....:mad2:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Installing higher rated fuses isn't going to help. Try switching the plugs around coming from the original bulb plug and into your ballast. They should be oriented so it clips in, but some units will plug in both ways, yet will only work one way.
Check to see if you can hear the relay energizing when you turn the lights on. You'll hear it click when it turns on and off. Double check all the connections and make sure all the plugs are in tight.
Unfortunately I don't have much else to offer. Since it's a plug and play type of install, the number of errors are drastically reduced, leading to only a very few number of causes if something isn't working properly.

ka-lito

Reaction score
the relay click on.. and off. but the ins't enough amps to ingite the ballant... the bult go on... high and low ... but i need more amps... no ones has a 01 with hids....?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
If you have a DMM you can check to make sure the wires going into the ballast for power are getting at least a little over 12 volts when you turn the lights on. Test the wires between the input plug and the ballast. This will let you know if the plug is properly seated and making contact. Have you tried turning on your lights with the engine running? This will bring the voltage up about a couple volts. If you have a voltage drop somwhere, this extra two volts or so may be enough to kick on the ballast. With the initial surge from the ballast upon powering up, 12volts may not be enough if there is a big enough voltage drop in the circuit. If this is the case, then you'll have to go through and find where the drop is.
And try grounding the case of the ballast and see if that helps any.

ka-lito

Reaction score
i'm giving up on this... i'm just gonna do a relay kit... straigh from the battery unless some1 can help me with a simple solution...