09 NAV disk missing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ozarkgolfer

Reaction score
Anyone else missing their NAV disk when they took delivery of their 09 GM vehicle? My delivery packet had a Cadillac disk that did not work. It was one of six needed in a Caddy. I'm still waiting three weeks later.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We just picked up a TBSS and made sure the NAV disk was in there! I would definitely call the dealer and complain!

ozarkgolfer

Reaction score
I realized I had the wrong NAV DVD before I left the dealership. According to them it's on backorder. I was wondering if other 09's were rolling out of the dealership in a like state. The dealer guys are pretty cool but I sure would like that NAV disk!

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else missing their NAV disk when they took delivery of their 09 GM vehicle? My delivery packet had a Cadillac disk that did not work. It was one of six needed in a Caddy. I'm still waiting three weeks later.

I just checked www.gmnavdisc.com and they are still showing back order on the disc. I had my nav unit put in after I bought my Tahoe so I have to buy upgrade disc. I read the 09 disc has updates to the radio as well as newer maps so I found one on Ebay new for $99.00. I should have it by the end of the week. :)

The part number on the 2009 disc is 25974486 version 4.0c

ozarkgolfer

Reaction score
I just checked www.gmnavdisc.com and they are still showing back order on the disc. I had my nav unit put in after I bought my Tahoe so I have to buy upgrade disc. I read the 09 disc has updates to the radio as well as newer maps so I found one on Ebay new for $99.00. I should have it by the end of the week. :)

The part number on the 2009 disc is 25974486 version 4.0c

Just called my dealer - NAV disk is still back ordered so I am going to bid on Ebay and sell the one I finally get from the dealer.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just called my dealer - NAV disk is still back ordered so I am going to bid on Ebay and sell the one I finally get from the dealer.

Just got mine in tonight. $99.00 New in the case. Loaded in and really added a lot of nice features for the 2007 Radio.
1. Several streets that were missing on my 3.0 disc are now there
2. The clock font is much larger so It easy to read
3. Nav system boots faster
4. I don't have to click the OK button to see the maps EVERY TIME after start up to enter the nav section. Looks like it going to work like the 2008 and up models where it only ask every 50 starts
Sweet!!

ozarkgolfer

Reaction score
Won mine on Ebay last night, paid for it and got the word from the seller he is mailing it Priority today (Friday). With any luck it will be here Tuesday. Can't wait!

bocaytomas

Reaction score
are there any other big differences? maybe a some pics?:mob:

ozarkgolfer

Reaction score
New Nav disk installed - yeh! My hybrid was a GM auction unit and had 164 miles on it. The XM was working when I drove off in the car but quit after 21 days. I called XM and they showed no subscription set up and gave me 90 days free. Anyhow, before the new NAV disk and this second XM period, I could block out XM channels as required. I still have the blocker screen/option but pressing the screen makes the unit chirp but gives me no further options. Any clues, guys?

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still waiting on mine! One day GM will surprise me and deliver it.

stevetut

Reaction score
Yeah I had same problem with "missing" nav disk. I too got a 08 Hybrid auction unit (6k mi) and the salesman tried to send me on my way with the wrong disk. Luckily I had driven from NY to NJ to pick it up and needed NAV to get home. Turned it on and NO DISK. Grabbed mr shady salesman and he ordered it on the spot. Came in like 1 week.

ozarkgolfer

Reaction score
Yeah I had same problem with "missing" nav disk. I too got a 08 Hybrid auction unit (6k mi) and the salesman tried to send me on my way with the wrong disk. Luckily I had driven from NY to NJ to pick it up and needed NAV to get home. Turned it on and NO DISK. Grabbed mr shady salesman and he ordered it on the spot. Came in like 1 week.

Please let me know if you can block out the XM stations you don't want to blunder through - there are some chat and music channels I don't need.

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have that same '09 nav disc (with the same part number) and yes, you can remove XM categories (like country and religion) so that you don't need to browse through them on the dial.