DJM Coil Question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About to pick up some 5" coils.

Which ones do i get? I dont want the blue HD springs. I just want the regular duty gray springs.

The model numbers are:
CS2000-R5 and CS2001-R5
I think i need the CS2000-R5, but i want to make sure.

Also, there is some hardware kit that you supposedly have to have... do i really need it?

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but the black coils are the heavy duty coils, not the blue. And yes, you do have to run that kit. it relocates the traling arms so that the rear end stays in the same location as it is stock. Not sure if your going to run shock extenders or not, but i am running djm drop shocks and i like them so far. Also you will want to cut the bump stop brackets out. Do it while you are changing the coils and will make it a little easier to do.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CS2000-R5, no need for the hardware kit JK has had the djm 5" coils for a minute and no issues.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool, coils and spindles are on the way. Will post pics after i get them on.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you running keys up front or arms too? I wanna see how mine will sit, hurry up and get them sh*ts on!

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scheduled for the weekend of 2/6. I have a buddy with a fender roller and a plasma cutter, but he isnt available til then.

I have keys up front right now. Im thinking (and hoping) i will have a slight tuck on the front end... we will see.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my springs were just dropped off and I open the box - THEY ARE BLUE! The box says CS2000-R5, but I thought they were supposed to be the Gray springs. Somebody set me straight!

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just pm'ed some djm distributor on gmfullsize and he set me right and said that the blue coils are the heavy duty springs. which company did you buy from. i ordered mine from stylintrucks and they sent me those as well

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the 2000's are supposed to be standard, but they are also supposed to be gray. There is no part number stamped on the springs. Could they have put the wrong spring in the 2000 box?

I bought them from Harrys Hotrod and Truck on ebay, but they were shipped from Motorsports Performance WH in Grand Prairie, TX.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure that the coils are supposed to be grey? who told you that the coils are grey? I bought the complete djm 3/5 drop kit and these were the springs that it came with, which are the same color and the same part number as you have posted. I dont think that the djm website is wrong, but you can call djm directly to sort this out.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Harrys Hoyrod is calling DJM on Monday. I will let you guys know what i find out.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to the guy from gmfullsize that is the djm vendor and he said that he was trippin and he really thinks that the blue coils are the standard and the grey are h.d.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets hope so... How does your truck ride with the 5" coils and free travel mod?

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ride is "ok" in the back. Once you have some weight in the back, it actually rides really well. It's kinda stiff, but much better with the free travel mod. Also with the correct shocks in it. I had a issue with stylin trucks sending me the wrong drop shocks for the front and rear. They sent me 3" drop shocks for the rear and not 5".

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Harrys Hotrod called DJM and they said the Blue coils were light duty and gray coils are heavy duty.... I will post some before/during/after pics on Sunday.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what i thought. I think when i was ordering my kit, i was just trying to make sure that i was getting the correct stuff.